Search found 30 matches

Return

by PetesPockets55
Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mint Error Phone App

If I can get my phone to co-operate. Consarn *%@#&@%4 computers and technology!! :mad:
(It's never operator error!) :thumbsup:
by PetesPockets55
Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1975 Kennedy Half? (It grabs your attention!)

1975KennedyHalf_Moonlight_Jan2017.jpg "What?" you say. I don't remember these being minted!! In light of the recent contest here, these caught my eye. hugeeyes The site I have provided in this link certainly got my attention. Lots of pronouns are used on the site so it is hard to tell who...
by PetesPockets55
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1977 Lincoln no mint mark, any value?

Not to diminish your enthusiasm but any coins with damage (like the two posted so far) will not be worth much more than face value. Damage on coins, referred to as PSD (Post Strike Damage), is not an error. The "large" nose on Lincoln is the result of the zinc core under the copper platin...
by PetesPockets55
Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1975 Kennedy Half? (It grabs your attention!)

BTW- There were NO U.S. halves minted with 1975 on them.

(Some for 1976 were minted in 1975 for the 1976 Bicentennial.)
by PetesPockets55
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 P DDO

........ Still probably gonna send it to Wexler. ........ Sorry it wasn't as you hoped but congratulations on taking the time to go back and look at this coin, especially when Paul and Daniel didn't confirm your initial belief. And it is hard to say this because Wexler has given so much to the coin...
by PetesPockets55
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:38 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sell or not to sell

Very well said and so true. It takes dedication and lack of social life lol: to make it work Do it for the fun, enjoyment, and knowledge and eventually, you may stumble across some semi-valuable ones eventually. We've all been there thinking we found something that must be valuable because there is ...
by PetesPockets55
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Could I get some advice on coins please.

They are interesting but the "cowlick" appears to be raised metal from something (half-moon shape) striking the coin at an angle and pushing it up. The filled B is a die chip. The more time you spend searching the more of these you will find, especially in the '50's. As the dies age, the l...
by PetesPockets55
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1946s imm-001 FS#501 Inverted MM

Thanks, Daniel and sorry about the abbreviation ave13co. I get in a rush sometimes and forget newer members may not be as familiar with some abbreviations.

ave13co, did you get a chance to follow the links and see the different mintmark styles in use over the years?
by PetesPockets55
Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1939 S RPM-001 S/S Northeast Stage B

Excellent post and images with markers. Some people don't care for colorful toning but many more covet them. Here is VV LINK to 1939s RPM-001 and you did a great job of pointing out the markers. There is a lot of information on the site and you are probably familiar with it since you knew the marker...
by PetesPockets55
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1939 S RPM-001 S/S Northeast Stage B

You're welcome. Not to split hairs but you found a nice variety as opposed to an error. Error would be like a double struck, off-center, brockage, etc. and tend to be similar but not exactly alike if duplicates are produced. Varieties are exactly alike (except for any deviation due to die wear or de...
by PetesPockets55
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: error-variety listed one site and deleted from another

I agree with Daniel but will add that ANACS will attribute coins based on the variety attribution you list on the request form. And there are other controversial varieties that have been demoted on one site but remain on another or is only listed on one site. 1956 D/S comes to mind. Coopercoins has ...
by PetesPockets55
Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hi I'm genesis

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to seeing some of your finds. Come on everybody, lets all pitch in and welcome the newer members, so everyone feels welcome and wants to come back and share their finds! The more we all participate the better the site. Remember the show Cheers and how everyone w...
by PetesPockets55
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What did I just find/noticed in this 2.23 grams 1953 penny?

Infamouserrors, the weight is within mint tolerances. To me any lines on the date or LIBERT look like hits from PSD. There is a discrepancy between your title (2.23 grams) and the weight you gave on an internal reply (3.23 grams), but did mention "overweight". I almost didn't catch that my...
by PetesPockets55
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New discovery?

I agree with Daniel about giving us a little more to go on in the titles and description/question.

Don't be bashful. It is hard to tell what your question refers to.
by PetesPockets55
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:13 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This stinks

This might make you feel better. happydance: ... Or not? All 1988's have a wide A M. It is the shape and position of the designers initials (G) on the RDV-006 that is the bugger to find. A few reverse dies intended to be used in 1989 were used early, in the production of a small portion of 1988 Linc...
by PetesPockets55
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1988 D Wide AM...I think.

I hate to break it to you but all 1988's are wide AM. Nothing special about a wide AM. It is designer's initials on the 1988 P&D RDV-006 that is valuable, which is most noticeable on the designers initials. (RDV stands fo Reverse Design Varieties.) The sites really confuse everyone by keeping th...
by PetesPockets55
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:05 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wide Am

EDIT: Joe, Welcome!! Glad you're here and hope you have more to share. ( I forgot to welcome you to the site on my initial post.) Initials are the definitive way to tell when there is a question on the AM. Sometimes plating blisters and other things can affect the visual perception of the spacing. I...
by PetesPockets55
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:25 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1980 Shadow S/D

Good thread with excellent responses and followup questions by the OP to clarify his understanding. For what it's worth, I've been back at this for almost 7 years now and feel fortunate to have gotten most of my "reboot" info from here, especially Paul, Daniel, Mark and Pawa. I'm a very vi...
by PetesPockets55
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1996 D Penny close AM

Thanks, Pahwa.
(I thought I was losing my marbles again. lol: )
by PetesPockets55
Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1943 1c ddr fs-801 (has markers stage A)

No missing that one. Congrtulations.
by PetesPockets55
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Electroplating and burnishing copper plated zinc planchets video

http://bjournal.com/jarden-zinc-products-rebranding-to-artazn-llc/I have an update to the original Lincoln cent plating video for those that are interested. The original video is no longer available that I could find... but I found another video (2015) from inside the baskets in the tanks (I think)....
by PetesPockets55
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1988 RDV006?

Don't give up yet. The plating, bubbling, and blistering can appear to alter the design. The Lincoln Cent Resouce has a good comparison image of the two. Here is the LINK. (Scroll down to the bottom of the page) http://www.lincolncentresource.com/Featured/1988RDV6.html . I use the termination of the...
by PetesPockets55
Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: is this grease filled ??

I would say yes because of the way some of the design is visible between missing letters.
I don't think heavy abrasion from Die Polishing would skip around like that.
by PetesPockets55
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Strike through on 1957P WHEATIE?!

Die chips and die cracks with lots of circulation marks thrown in. And although I agree you should keep your day job, I will note the economy has been in decline since at least July of 2019 when the Fed. reserve started lowering rates again to bolster a faltering economy. Hopefully, with continued p...
by PetesPockets55
Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How many ways to "use" a penny?

Hey PetesPockets55, where you been? Well .... I've been working up a storm for the past year and a half. Eyes have been bothering me as well so I don't search nearly as much. How have you been doing Paul? Staying healthy? Finding any FE mules lately? (I know you need to keep the replies short and s...
by PetesPockets55
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:25 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1959 Lincoln Memorial Cent - Plain Obverse, Totally Obliterated Reverse? Weird Coin

Nice coin. Did you find it in change? I agree it is struck through a capped die (late stage). Usually, the obverse die is the one that gets capped, but with your coin, it is the reverse die that got capped, probably by an un-ejected coin. Three dies are involved in the minting of coins. The hammer d...
by PetesPockets55
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1973-D 5C MML: Possible to attribute?

Interesting thread and coin. Congrats on possibly finding one in mint cello. Interest isn't great but some people do collect the "low Mint Mark" varieties. It is interesting to see MM's in out-of-the-way places, like almost touching the date, the bottom of the bust, etc. Fred can probably ...
by PetesPockets55
Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1992 D Lincoln cent

This is the normal WAM (Wide AM) design for the year.
JTCC wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:06 pm... this is not a WAM.
I believe you meant to say "This is a WAM."
by PetesPockets55
Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:54 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coin memes

Thanks for adding some humor to our somewhat dry hobby. They "strike" something within me that makes me smile!
Keep up the good work.
by PetesPockets55
Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:38 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1965 Washington Quarter die clash

It is well-circulated but I'm seeing the clash going SW off the eagle's beak and around Washington's neck and nose.