1944d 10 centavos cont...

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

jesjon
Coinasieur

1944d 10 centavos cont...

#1 Unread post by jesjon » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:30 pm

For some reason i cant reply to mine or any other post because it keeps making me login repeatedly. I tried clearing my cache, cookies, data like daniel suggested but to no avail so I'll see if this works.
The 1944D us phillipines 10 centavos i posted about is actually encapsulated in polycarbonate which is slightly scratched up. Its easy to see the errors in question when looking at the actual coin and in order to get better pics i would have to cut it out of its sealed holder which i dont really want to risk damaging the coin

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Re: 1944d 10 centavos cont...

#2 Unread post by PetesPockets55 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:25 pm

(Please post some images (old or new) to go with this new thread so people have an idea what the coin is you are referring to. I just happened to reply a moment ago to the other thread so it was fresh in my mind)

Understandable, not wanting to cut it out but is the holder from a reputable acknowledged grading company?
This is one of those situations where you having it in hand makes it easy for you to see but hard for us to help with an attribution because of the holder and images.

It is just difficult to see what you are referring to. There is a yellow stain on the obverse and looking at the images some of the other bumps and raised areas could easily be glue or another substance on the surface.
Interesting coin and thanks for trying in spite of the difficulties.