1964d Neat retained folded lamination peel with WE in lincolns head possible value?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
bigbird
Coin Collector

1964d Neat retained folded lamination peel with WE in lincolns head possible value?

#1 Unread post by bigbird »

Hi. I would like to say hi to everyone as i am new to the forum, so bear with me. I reside in Tn., and am putting together a small coin collection for my grandson by coin roll searching pennies, dimes, nickels etc. I came across this nice 1964d with a really neat folded retained lamination peel that has left part of the we in lincolns head. I have never seen any errors like this and was wondering if it may hold a reasonable amount of value?
1964d retained lamination peel
1964d retained lamination peel

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1964d Neat retained folded lamination peel with WE in lincolns head possible value?

#2 Unread post by Daniel »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Could you please crop your images I can't see what is going on with your coin. Here's a video to help you with that. https://youtu.be/h-eSaQnHYIg

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner

Re: 1964d Neat retained folded lamination peel with WE in lincolns head possible value?

#3 Unread post by Paul »

:welcome:

"Lams", are a neat find, especially when they're like this.
'Value', is very hard to determine with laminations... Although attached and folded lams like yours do usually bring a higher premium, as these collectors like to see this in the coin.

:eureka:
Of course date, and coin grade are going to have a lot to do with price.
If you search the :ebay: sold listings, you should get a feeling of the range that they sell for.
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

bigbird
Coin Collector

#4 Unread post by bigbird »

Thank you very much for the info.

bigbird
Coin Collector

#5 Unread post by bigbird »

Other photo
Other photo
Other photo.

bigbird
Coin Collector

#6 Unread post by bigbird »

Other photo cropped
Other photo cropped
20190416_190354-1.jpg (43.21 KiB) Viewed 1748 times
Other photo cropped.(

bigbird
Coin Collector

#7 Unread post by bigbird »

20190416_190509-1.jpg
20190416_190509-1.jpg (44.3 KiB) Viewed 1747 times
Sorry forgot the backside of the coin photo. Just added.

Paul

#8 Unread post by Paul »

:cool:
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by Daniel »

Nice find I have a 1960 D that looks similar but it is on the date. Value can't be determined since grade is part of the value, but the coin should sell for a few dollars.

bigbird
Coin Collector

#10 Unread post by bigbird »

Cool. Thanks. My grandson found it to be amazing, and has kept him away from video games somewhat, so i guess that is worth more then anything.

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#11 Unread post by PetesPockets55 »

Keeping him occupied is worth a lot. Congrats on the neat lamination. I like the letters on it showing up on Abe's head.

bigbird
Coin Collector

#12 Unread post by bigbird »

Thanks. I believe we may have found another error coin. A 1988 we think is a cud error i am going to add if anyone would like to leave there opinion on. The spot is under the last date digit and runs up to trust along the inner rim or collar.
20190503_025737-1.jpg
20190503_025737-1.jpg (26.25 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
All these terms and errors are alot to learn and understand but we will get better at it as we go i guess. Thanks

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by Daniel »

I don't see it, image is too small but it is better to start a new topic so it is not confusing on what coin we're talking about. Thanks.

bigbird
Coin Collector

#14 Unread post by bigbird »

Ok. Sorry about that.