Best Coin auction site/ Need Buyers/and Seller

This forum is for buying, selling and trading as well as promoting your ebay or Facebook auctions.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Please mark as sold after listing sells. No fraudulent or unscrupulous activity allowed, just be honest about the coins you're selling and there won't be any problems.
abcoin
Coin Collector

Best Coin auction site/ Need Buyers/and Seller

#1 Unread post by abcoin » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:44 am

This site is simply the best coin auction site; But we don't have the buyers and enough sellers, I have not made a sale in a month. I had a few under bids not even close to fair selling price. I started out good and had 7 sales. On Ebay every thing I list sells. Tip: The more details you list about a coin the more bids you get. Ebay fees and Paypal will eat your profit down to zilch. I went to another auction site and signed up for the Google palpal version which is much more reasonable. The USA coin book site will grow but it take time. Good Luck selling and buying Rich @ ABCoin

http://www.usacoinbook.com/

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Best Coin auction site/ Need Buyers/and Seller

#2 Unread post by Daniel » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:07 am

Ebay's fees are high and a seller must hustle to maintain their discount and seller rating. I support coinbook, but I have to move coins quickly, and for fair market value, and this has been the problems with every coin auction site started after ebay.

acan451
Coin Wizz

#3 Unread post by acan451 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:14 pm

Hey Daniel
Read your post on subject about coinbook.
Do you have an EBay store?
Alan
Take a look what's new in the world of samples slabs
http://samplecoinslabs.com/index.html/2 ... from-pcgs/

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Daniel » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:12 pm

No ebay store. I just list auctions almost every week.

coinbook
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by coinbook » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:15 pm

abcoin wrote:This site is simply the best coin auction site; But we don't have the buyers and enough sellers, I have not made a sale in a month. I had a few under bids not even close to fair selling price. I started out good and had 7 sales. On Ebay every thing I list sells. Tip: The more details you list about a coin the more bids you get. Ebay fees and Paypal will eat your profit down to zilch. I went to another auction site and signed up for the Google palpal version which is much more reasonable. The USA coin book site will grow but it take time. Good Luck selling and buying Rich @ ABCoin
I'm glad you like the site! It is true though that our current weakness is the lack of buyers due to the fact that USA Coin Book has only been around for less than a year while eBay has been around for over 16 years. I guess this is a process that will just take some time. I've noticed members on eBay and other forums referencing links to our coin price guides and that has helped attract new members who have eventually bought coins at our site.

Fortunately, the traffic on our site is gradually increasing all the time and we do have a lot of people who regularly come back to the site each day to browse through the new coin listings. In fact, just yesterday we broke another all time record for the number of visitors to our site and the activity is always increasing. Just recently about 2 weeks ago, the site has reached over 1000 coins for sale (1132 today) and sales are also happening more frequently as we receive new visitors and new members as well.

Please bookmark our site and continue to come back from time to time. A good selling strategy has been to list coins in the BIN (buy it now) format at normal selling price and no time limit. At some point, the bidding activity will increase enough to get fair selling prices at auctions.

Kind regards
USA Coin Book
Alternative to eBay: [url]http://www.usacoinbook.com/[/url]