Generic photos for individual coin

This forum is for buying, selling and trading as well as promoting your ebay or Facebook auctions.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Please mark as sold after listing sells. No fraudulent or unscrupulous activity allowed, just be honest about the coins you're selling and there won't be any problems.
abcoin
Coin Collector

Generic photos for individual coin

#1 Unread post by abcoin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:57 pm

Adding a generic coin to almost every coin in would make the site much more interesting. A statement of "Not Actual Coin" across each photo. Also the option of posting you own photo could still apply. Thank you Rich of Abcoin.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Generic photos for individual coin

#2 Unread post by Daniel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:04 am

Welcome to the forum. I am not sure of what you mean but non-numismatic links are not allowed in posts or sigs.

abcoin
Coin Collector

#3 Unread post by abcoin » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:18 am

Photo of each coin type would be to the left of each columm. The face of a Mercury dime would alway come up as the when you list a auction for Mercury dime; If the seller want he lists his own photo instead. I did list our Treasure club site as it is non-profit and there are links in there for coins. Sorry won't do it again

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Daniel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 am

I did see some coin links and if you want to add it to your signature, fine. I am still not sure what you mean by the coin images. Are you talking about this forum, website or CoinBook.com auctions?

abcoin
Coin Collector

#5 Unread post by abcoin » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:25 pm

I am talking about Us Coin Book Auctions. To the left there is no photo unless the user adds one. If there always was a coin image there it would look better. I am still build our treasue club site, I will ad the forrm and US Coin Site to our links. Thank you Rich

Maineman750
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#6 Unread post by Maineman750 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:43 pm

I understand what you are saying...it does sound like a good suggestion.Maybe the generic photo could appear if you do not add a photo.
Roger

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by Daniel » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:43 pm

I would agree with that and you should post it in the CoinBook section. The owner of Coin Book check it for suggestions and he's really good about fixing and changing to make it better.

coinbook
Coining Around

#8 Unread post by coinbook » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:52 pm

Greetings abcoin,

Thanks for sending the suggestion. I understand what you are saying and I was actually considering doing something like. The reason I didn't do this was because I was afraid that buyers and members would look at it and some might get confused and think the coin in the picture is the coin they are going to get when they make the purchase.

So I just left a neutral "no image" slot in case some members did not want to show a default type coin picture. At the same time, a member could always upload any generic coin or stock photo from Google Images such as a random mercury dime for mercury dime auctions and then state in the description that the coin in picture is not the actual coin that the member would receive.

I hope this makes sense and I appreciate the suggestion. Let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions, I will be happy to help.

Kind regards
USA Coin Book
Alternative to eBay: [url]http://www.usacoinbook.com/[/url]