Other varieties of the speared bison Jefferson 2005

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Dinobob
Coining Around

Other varieties of the speared bison Jefferson 2005

#1 Unread post by Dinobob »

I will start out with the facts of these strikes that created the fractor's on the reverse side of these nickles it seems the front shoulder and hind qtr are the two location of these fractor's as I've reviewed samples try to find one or two with both varieties on the same sample I've been able to come across ( more then one sample 5 dift coins I have with them sporting both on the shoulder and hind qtr fractirs or spears, looking closer I've found the same error in two dift types of "head shots behind the head entering from the top of the coin down and passing this the ear ,then continuing on thu the bisons face lower mouth area , another one I've seen on the same sample enter the face from the right side of the coin thu the letters of "America " then passing this the face/head ! Moving completely to the left side of the coin exits the back qtrs ( and stopping at the rim behind the letters on the left side of the country so basically I have these ) 5( speared bison sporting 3 different locations but yes I'm seeing 4 coins that have the 5 stress factors on their trucks , ?? Your opinions on these three new variety's which are on several coins fwd head shots , back of head thu the face exits near the mouth , and face shot straight across becoming a full length body shot the value on of these having all 5 on the same sample ( I now have 5 with 5 speares and some 20+ with four speared thus the bison twin fwd shoulders side by side as well as the top to bottom exiting thu or near the mouth and the long spear front face thu to the back qtrs the value of these 5 on one coin are ?? And how does one get recongnisrd for finding the new variations / varieties ?
Five speared bison showing face & head shots as well as the long body shot traveling
Five speared bison showing face & head shots as well as the long body shot traveling
Attachments
IMG_20170522_220204248.jpg
IMG_20170419_030931451.jpg
IMG_20170403_141720240.jpg

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Other varieties of the speared bison Jefferson 2005

#2 Unread post by Daniel »

If you think you have a new variety then you should send the coin to a CONECA representative. Pahl1 who's a member of this forum could help you with that.

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

#3 Unread post by Paul »

when you say "fractor",..... do you mean "die crack",.....plz :dunno
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Dinobob
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by Dinobob »

Well that discription is left for interpretation, really they really haven't distinguished the exact term for these spear looking soukes that occur during striking the bison tool die crack or pressure fractor or laminated flaw in any event I discovered numerous head shots and a crack that runs the the entire width of the coin thu the face to the back of the hind qtrs or leg if it's a lil lower ....by lowering the lumination of a picture of the bison these other spikes/spears ? Are very visible but in normal lighting these are very easily over looked ,by accident I stumbled apon this low lum which gives these spears an uncanny ability to pop out where you say wow didn't even see those before raises the eye brow it does ! If you have some of these Jefferson's might try dialing down the settings before snapping a zoomed in pic and then zoom the pic and watch out focus around the head ,mouth, and face of the bison see what you see not sure how many samples are like these but I have at least 5 very good samples sporting five if these spears the full body shot goes past the letters on both sides of the coin full width and head shots top to down out of the mouth or very near there also forehead down Thursday the bottom jaw of the bison thought I'd share this information well and see about getting a couple new variety's credited would be great and value to these new variety's being the existing speared. Samples are approx $1200 what would a five spear sample bring to the charts ? Then the 1982 penny varieties I have some input on those as well but baby steps ,baby steps ,lol just to say by my count I have 10 dift varities of the 2.5 g 1982's not eight