Whites Coinmaster 6000DI Series 3

Post your favorite metal detector or post new detectors on the market. You can post guides on how to metal detecting as well.

Moderator: Daniel

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Whites Coinmaster 6000DI Series 3

#1 Unread post by Daniel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:22 pm

It's my main metal detector and it does a fine job. I haven't been out much because of an issue with the speaker. If you know your metal detector then you can do just as well as expensive models. It takes a 6B coil and the larger the coil the more ground you can cover and the deeper you can detect.

mikev50
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Re: Whites Coinmaster 6000DI Series 3

#2 Unread post by mikev50 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:05 pm

THINKING OF GETTING BACK INTO IT.LOOKING AT THE WHITES COINMASTER PRO.HAPPY HUNTING

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Daniel » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks and you as well. I just checked the charge on mine and I am going soon.

pistilpenypinch
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by pistilpenypinch » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Thanks for the info, I just started collecting due in part to an inheritance, and planned on getting a metal detector,& would've thought getting the better model. Now you showed me what to look for, thanks.
Can you tell what type of metal is detected, and how?
Thanks 4 the info. Pete

pistilpenypinch
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by pistilpenypinch » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:36 pm

Thanks for the info, I just started collecting due in part to an inheritance, and planned on getting a metal detector,& would've thought getting the better model. Now you showed me what to look for, thanks.
Can you tell what type of metal is detected, and how?
Thanks 4 the info. Pete :yourock:

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by Daniel » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:44 pm

The Coin Master is one of many good metal detectors. Most can tell you what coin or denomination within some good accuracy but you're always going to dig "junk" since no detector is perfect. You can put a lot of money in dectectors but the most expensive models will search deeper and are mostly just more bells and whistles.

You could get a good detector and a couple coils and do as good as many expensive detectors. I have learned that ground balance is very important when choosing metal detectors.

I would look over Kellyco.com http://www.kellycodetectors.com/ and read the reviews. You can buy metal detectors for a variety of needs but if you're just looking for coins then you're they're not going to be good for telling you what metal it's hitting on. What I mean is, a detector is accurate depending on many factors like wet ground, the settings, etc.

If there's a coin under a pull tab then it will be hitting on the tab and telling you it's not a coin, so you got to dig. Also a pin-pointer is a must for targeting coins.

pistilpenypinch
Coining Around

#7 Unread post by pistilpenypinch » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:24 pm

thanks again. idont want to sound stupid, but what's a pin pointer?
thanks again. Peter

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by Daniel » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:37 pm

After you find a hit and start digging or just before digging, you use a hand-help pointer that can narrow down exactly where the signal is or where to exactly dig further. It's just an aide after the metal detector hit.