PCGS is teaming up with ebay with their catalog

Post what's happening in the coin world. New things you discover or trends in the market. World coin or U.S. Coin release or design changes.

Moderator: Daniel

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

PCGS is teaming up with ebay with their catalog

#1 Unread post by Daniel »

This is interesting and can help sellers if they just look up their coins before they sell them, still, this is a move in a correctable direction.

http://www.pcgs.com/news/eBay-PCGS-Coin ... oming-Soon

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

Re: PCGS is teaming up with ebay with their catalog

#2 Unread post by Paul »

Oh My. Phase II underway. Soon no more 'RAW' coinage on E%@# ?????? :dunno whistling2:
I'm glad the 'powers to be' stepped in when ANACS was to be, 'not acceptable', as a service to list a 'grade in the listing header title'!!

There are some VERY INTERESTING articles/blogs you can/should google/bing/whatever on the 'GRADED COIN SALES AT E%@#'. You kinda gotta dig around for them, but.......you'll see. hugeeyes
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: PCGS is teaming up with ebay with their catalog

#3 Unread post by Daniel »

Nah, ebay isn't going to get rid of raw coin sells, that makes them too much money. However, this might eventually come down to an Amazon type deal for the sellers. You have to have a brick and mortar shop to sell raw coins, or some other requirements.

If it means what you say then bad move, but what else is ebay supposed to do with every person complaining about them and that they do nothing. So they turned to the so-called "standard" certification service on the planet since they're an auction site, not a coin site.

Would like to know what goes on behind the scenes, but you can't believe what people write on the internet, if I did, then I would have stopped buying and selling at ebay a long time ago, as well as cancelled my paypal account.