What does this really mean?

Post what's happening in the coin world. New things you discover or trends in the market. World coin or U.S. Coin release or design changes.

Moderator: Daniel

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

Re: What does this really mean?

#11 Unread post by Paul »

I always get:
You don't have to worry,...."THIS IS A 'PROFESSIONALLY' GRADED COIN". :ebay:
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

dipper13
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#12 Unread post by dipper13 »

When auctions were live and in person, the sellers would bring in "ringers" to up their bids, and sometimes the ringer would get the item to make him look legit. Usually that would be an inexpensive item. When these guys would get caught and they all got caught, it would get ugly. I attended an antique auction in rural Southern N.J. years ago. That auction was the most entertainment I ever had for free. Folks do not take kindly to being fleeced.
I attended the Whitman show last week. I dropped off coins to get graded. The place looked like a funeral parlor. Dan

mhonzell
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by mhonzell »

What I don't understand is the sellers not getting the message. Oh, well. I suppose that's a good thing as this should bring some prices back down to reality as demand diminishes.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Unread post by Daniel »

To be realistic their Boston show is still going and they claim is successful, but I know that collectors, as they learn are turning more to sites like ebay. You can just get better deals, but you have to be a little more careful.