Bitcoin is Accepted as Legal Tender in Germany

Post what's happening in the coin world. New things you discover or trends in the market. World coin or U.S. Coin release or design changes.

Moderator: Daniel

PALH1
Master Die Variety Attributer

Re: Bitcoin is Accepted as Legal Tender in Germany

#11 Unread post by PALH1 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:41 am

If ANYONE thought I was bashing, pointing fingers, trying to 'scam' anyone here...I WAS NOT.
I guess my 'wording' was kinda 'wrong'.....sorry.
There are so many individuals out there looking for a 'quick buck', they see these things, concoct some goofy angle/scheme, & 'buy into it'.

But, you STILL CAN BUY the PWBB's. :l

PALH1

#12 Unread post by PALH1 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:19 am

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT HAPPEN? :s

PALH1

#13 Unread post by PALH1 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:41 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... :s

NOTICE DATE OF PREVIOUS POST
Attachments
BITCOIN.JPG

mhonzell
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Unread post by mhonzell » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:56 am

tbird165 wrote:In all seriousness, I think that the introduction of alternative currencies can only be seen as a positive, as it provides individuals with other options outside of government issued currencies.
Do you follow my posts on Civil War Tokens?
It worked well until somebody realized they were all worthless.

All this "alternative" money: Postage stamps, Credit Cards, Dollar bills, even metal tokens (known as coins), etc. only work as long as the people "believe" it has value. BitCoins are a little too ethereal for me to get a grasp on, so I'll leave them alone.

When it comes right down to it, none of these money systems have any value. The only thing of value is barter, where I trade you something you need for something I need. Most people can't imagine a world where their metal will be worthless as a means to store up value for a future trade. But, if it came to this, I'd rather have a chunk of iron to make arrow tips, than a piece of gold. I cannot eat gold, nor does it provide much protection from the weather. But, I can build a home from a stand of trees, and that might be worth a couple of chickens.

Oh, yeah... those BitCoins... gone in an instant, a moment before all those credit cards.

Some really push the idea that we need to invest in precious metals for that day when things fall apart. I'd suggest we all learn a useful skill that doesn't require electricity. widegrin

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Unread post by Daniel » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:16 pm

I am all for learning some survival skills as an investment, people would fall apart and eventually perish due to their lack of survival skills if something major ever happened.