The Price of Gold Drops Below Its Production Cost!

Post what's happening in the coin world. New things you discover or trends in the market. World coin or U.S. Coin release or design changes.

Moderator: Daniel

tbird165
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

The Price of Gold Drops Below Its Production Cost!

#1 Unread post by tbird165 »

We can across this interesting article today from Zerohedge.com, which estimates that the average marginal cost for the production of gold is $1,300 an ounce, including capital expenditures. The price of gold at today’s close was $1,200 an ounce, which means that gold will stop being mined at current prices...

Gold Prices

dipper13
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Re: The Price of Gold Drops Below Its Production Cost!

#2 Unread post by dipper13 »

I am confused by both the drop in gold and silver prices. I am starting to suspect that these are artificially being held down by those who would try to manipulate the economy and money supply. The truth is both precious metals are worth much more and will prove it over the long haul. The market for gold should be stronger and stronger, with prices to match the market.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Daniel »

The experts are blaming China for tightening down to strengthen their economy so they buying less gold and the USD has been stronger, but I agree, I think there's a lot of manipulation and pump and dumping going on. I think the manipulation is so large that even the US government can't do anything about it but they will never admit to that.

dipper13
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#4 Unread post by dipper13 »

Foreign governments are a good place to look for culprits. The Fed chairman is another villain, keeping interest rates artificially low, printing money and reporting to no one in America. He is too powerful, for some one unlelected and uncontrolled.

jawedmaha
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by jawedmaha »

If you want to know how much your cast iron bath is worth, we can tell you.