The Recent Drop in Gold & Silver & Its Impact on Coins

Post what's happening in the coin world. New things you discover or trends in the market. World coin or U.S. Coin release or design changes.

Moderator: Daniel

tbird165
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

The Recent Drop in Gold & Silver & Its Impact on Coins

#1 Unread post by tbird165 »

Hi All,

Below is an article that I published today detailing the reason for the recent drop in the price of gold and silver and how it has affected the gold and silver coin market.

http://atlantagoldandcoin.com/what-caus ... in-market/

I've seen some dealers selling junk silver coins for as much as 30% over the melt price, which I think is ridiculous. Hope you find the article to be informative, and don't hesitate to ask any questions that you might have.

Thanks,

Tony
Atlanta Gold & Coin Buyers
www.atlantagoldandcoin.com

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Recent Drop in Gold & Silver & Its Impact on Coins

#2 Unread post by Daniel »

Good information. I think the demand by the masses, or the mass amount of "small" acquisitions, isn't reported much so the market doesn't reflect this demand or price increase in the market reports that it should. So the current silver and gold melt is a bit artificial since buying has not let up and has only decreased in purchase price due to the melt values, which are not accurate with the demand. I know it might not make sense to some but it's a paradigm, and a complicated one at that.