ANACS small white holder 1st Genaretion holder

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
rjp
Coinasieur

ANACS small white holder 1st Genaretion holder

#1 Unread post by rjp »

Here is the first genaration holder for ANACS, It has the logo for the ANA and PNG on the holder. Has the small blue under printing on the label "ANA Official Grade" There are sample slabs out there and those will have the word sample on the label.
It would be know as a type 11, because for 18 years now ANACS was doing Photo Certs and had 10 different photo cert types.

This is a common date Peace dollar and doesnot even much eye appeal any more. I think it is currently a silver dollar and worth not much above silver prices.
Note the grade MS-61 that was how things were done back in the 1990. I see alot of odd grades like this for that time period. But today to get a 61 or 62 grade on a coin, most likely not.
I have eight different small white holders (SWH), I have read that there might be as many as 17 or 18. With different fonts, only 2 for size of holders and many different labels styles.

I will continue to research all of this info also. I currently have 33 of the SWH.
Attachments
IMG_0007.jpg
IMG_0006.jpg
Bob
:cool:

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ANACS small white holder 1st Genaretion holder

#2 Unread post by Daniel »

Thanks for posting. I have seen AU59 on a slab before and MS61 and MS62. I would like to see an EF49 and compare it to an AU50.

rjp
Coinasieur

#3 Unread post by rjp »

What Company has ever done a AU59? Jack Beymer coins runs ads for inbetween grades but just says close to a 59 or something like that but I have never seen a TPG slab with such a grade on it.
MS-60->70 for the eleven MS grades have been around since PCGS started it and later ANACS followed.
Bob

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Daniel »

I think it was SEGS or NTC, not any of the big four services.

rjp
Coinasieur

#5 Unread post by rjp »

I thought it would be out of business holder. SGS comes to mind
Bob