Need help what do you think

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Tjm
Coin Collector

Need help what do you think

#1 Unread post by Tjm »

1995 d dime error in God we trust 15740419236167651726596077532454.jpg
Attachments
157404169445055241131243420085.jpg
15740419236167651726596077532454.jpg

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

Re: Need help what do you think

#2 Unread post by Paul »

I hugeeyes a circulated and damaged coin in these images......
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Tjm
Coin Collector

#3 Unread post by Tjm »

So what does that mean it's a mint error reverse obverse with doubling and dark deep cameo or

Tjm
Coin Collector

#4 Unread post by Tjm »

I just don't know I get anxiety because I know I see things in the coin and no one else does like to quarters to penny dime nickles not ole at all but unique vintage coins

pahwa
Coin Expert

#5 Unread post by pahwa »

I think you are looking at a normal dime - business strike - with some sort of damage. Could have been in the ground for a period of time. But it is still worth about 10 cents.
Pahwa
Leave no coin unturned!

Tjm
Coin Collector

#6 Unread post by Tjm »

You see on the dime that thier is a part of the steam as the one on the I in God we trust

pahwa
Coin Expert

#7 Unread post by pahwa »

You would need to find a person to attribute the coin, in other words, a person who is known and respected by the 3 major grading companies to look at the coin and confirmed the varieties and any errors. If he/she signs off on the coin then you could send the coin to one of the grading companies with pretty good assurance that they will grade the coin with the varieties and errors that the person who did the attribution found and listed. The company would grade the coin and the slab would have the variety(s), error(s), and grade that way. However, in the case of this particular dime, it is in such poor condition that a variety would have to be a new one, extremely substantial or rare to be worth sending in.
Pahwa
Leave no coin unturned!

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by Daniel »

This coin was dug from the ground and is extremely damaged, no error here.

Tjm
Coin Collector

#9 Unread post by Tjm »

Daniel if you look at the in God we trust thier is a steam of the obverse side of the coin where the one is and if it was in the dirt how is only one leaf covered in read idk just rare to me but you are the expert thank you for your help

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by Daniel »

Doesn't matter what you see on a coin this damaged, any error, even if it was, this damaged wouldn't have value anyway.

Tjm
Coin Collector

#11 Unread post by Tjm »

Ok thank you just curious is all thank you again. Watching about the San Francisco uncirculated Morgan 1878 thinking of getting a few good deal