eBay was hacked

Post what's happening in the coin world. New things you discover or trends in the market. World coin or U.S. Coin release or design changes.

Moderator: Daniel

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

eBay was hacked

#1 Unread post by Daniel » Wed May 21, 2014 8:58 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that eBay was hacked and they recommend changing your password. You should change your password often anyway, so no panic, just change your password as ebay claims no financial info was assessed. http://www.cnet.com/news/ebay-hacked-re ... passwords/

2centsal
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Re: eBay was hacked

#2 Unread post by 2centsal » Mon May 26, 2014 11:33 pm

Thanks Daniel, I just got an Email alert from them and changed mine . This Hacking crap has to stop !!! :swear .
Just last week Yahoo Mail was Hacked and I had to change my password !! :swear

mhonzell
Administrator
Administrator

Re: eBay was hacked

#3 Unread post by mhonzell » Tue May 27, 2014 9:07 am

eBay claims no financial information was accessed.
:l
Please change your password!
Make sure your payment plan has a different password and is not auto-linked. And, do not keep your credit card/bank information "on file".

As a victim of this type crime, via my phone company (Verizon), "they" don't need your financial records. They just want to log in as you, win a small bid and pay with PayPal, which likely has the same login and password, or is linked (for convenience) to instantly pay. Of course, once in PayPal, they'll send it as a gift to a different address, if they don't simply change your mailing address and password and transfer your bank's assets to themselves first. Or, maybe you have your credit cards on file to make paying easier, by not having to enter all that information over and over. They don't have to access your financial records as a hacker when they can access them as the owner.

If you're already set up safely, then good... they'll just go to the next name/password on the list. There's only a million of them. Somebody will benefit their cause.