New Here

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Jack Bee Nimble
Coining Around

New Here

#1 Unread post by Jack Bee Nimble »

I'm a middle aged gentleman who has always liked coins, but I never really got into collecting them much. I used to collect vinyl albums! However, I did dabble for a while in Kenndy halves. I would get rolls from the bank and go through them. I did own a 1974 DDO at one time. I found it in a roll, but I no longer own it. Someone in my inner circle took it from me when I was at work and spent it at the store! I would like to get another one, but prefer to get one in a P&D mint set......tall order!

When I was a kid, my grandparents gave me a few Ike dollars. I spent them on stupid stuff, and wished that I had those coins back. That got me into collecting Ikes. I prefer the silver Ikes. I have all the Blue Ikes, several Brown 71's and one Brown 73. I still need a Brown 72 and 74. I don't really care which 72 I get, but maybe I'll collect all the 72 types? I know that I don't get into toning and I don't like cloudy coins, so this too makes finding my 'perfect' coins a challenge!

I've also gotten bit by the P&D mint set bug for some odd reason. I think that I just like having an uncirculated set of business strike coins in one easy package!

I also collect silver bullion. I buy about $100 worth of bullion coins every month. I'm partial to the Maple Leafs, but I do have a few ASE's and this year, I picked up a bunch of Britannias. They've grown on me as well.

I think my next thing will be Franklin Halves or Peace Dollars. I think I like the Franklin Halves slightly better, but I own neither at the time I'm writing this.

Most of my purchases come from online as we don't have a local coin shop (LCS). There is a coin shop in the bigger city where my wife shops. I had her swing into there recently. I'm not sure how I feel about the fellow, but he did sell me some Maple Leafs at a wonderful price! I can also get coin collecting supplies from him without having to pay shipping.

My wife and kids enjoy sorting through pocket change with me, and the grandkids will be next, I'm sure. They're too young to appreciate the hobby right now, but they're being exposed to it.

Brevity is not my strong suit. If I find anything of interest of have questions, I'll post them here. Thank you for putting so much information on here for people like me!

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Here

#2 Unread post by Daniel »

Welcome to the community.