Possible Mule Coin?

Tell us a little about yourself or what and why you collect. You can post question here also.

Moderator: Daniel

Coop76
Coining Around

Possible Mule Coin?

#1 Unread post by Coop76 »

Hello, my Names is Dale Cooper or Coop for short I am from Willamette Valley Oregon and have been bitten by the Coin BUG LOL! ANYWAYS IM CONSTINATLY SEARCHING FOR ERRORS AND VARIETIES YET ALL I SEEM TO BE FINDING IS MACHINE DOUBLING OR SHELF LIKE THAT APPEARS TO BE DOUBLED AND THEN ITS NOT, FRUSTRATING. I have come across a few coins that i cant find any errors matching my finds so its either nope its not an known error or possibly a a newly discovered Error needing conformation. My question is on my 1969 D penny (possible DDO?) But there is a impression or a minting error thats not listed as a known error, could this coin (See Attachment) be a mule coin or is there another name if any? What I found is what appears to be just above the date there is a area that has extra material or and extra squeezing to be a i think to be is a Mule Coin because the impression or defect in question appears to be the top of the torch of a dime and spot on i have put both the dime and penny side by side for comparrision, would you be so kind to take a look and gimme any input as to what do i have if I have anything all? I would appreciate any light you might share have in too such thankyou
I apologize about the poor quality picture
I have tried to use different lighting to make more visible but my pics seem to be of poor quality
I have tried to use different lighting to make more visible but my pics seem to be of poor quality
Cant seem to take a better photo but what u see in the loupe to the picture is not the same in real time its a match but my pic marginally shows the match
Cant seem to take a better photo but what u see in the loupe to the picture is not the same in real time its a match but my pic marginally shows the match

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner

Re: Possible Mule Coin?

#2 Unread post by Paul »

Please see the definition of "Mule Coin"
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Coop76
Coining Around

#3 Unread post by Coop76 »

I can see that this coin is not a mule by discription but how would the torch of a dime get stamped into a penny

Paul

#4 Unread post by Paul »

PAREIDOLIA
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep