*NEW MEMBER*-ScenicCityCulture aka Chad and Holly Howard, with a thanks to Daniel for Vid's & Involvment and Anyone else

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
ScenicCityCoin
Coining Around

*NEW MEMBER*-ScenicCityCulture aka Chad and Holly Howard, with a thanks to Daniel for Vid's & Involvment and Anyone else

#1 Unread post by ScenicCityCoin »

Hello,

Glad to be aboard, I have many questions, many thanks, but that all can come in time, and possibly I think I can manage to handle quite a bit with all the great informational videos I have already watched. I feel like I know you somewhat it feels weird I've set up a many a night watching these videos now enjoying my coins, but you haven't met me I think. So I would say that you are touching WAY more people with your dedication than you probably get the credit for. Not trying to kiss alec but I have learned a ton, and it has helped me narrow down a very large collection. Right now I have been trying to focus MAINLY on lincoln cent's, mostly because that is the main "Large" quantity of coins that I had access to, have collected, and have even been passed down.
So thanks for all that you and the people around you are doing Daniel, my name is Chad and my wife Holly have enjoyed learning through watching your videos. Instead of bothering you with my questions, I will try to solve the "equation" of these coins myself.
Also, do you have any info on the experiment coin or transitional I suppose of 1943 Steel Cent and the 1943-S steel cent? I have a few, to say the least like most people, but one is missing both the '3' and the 'S' from plain view unless under magnification / 'S' is very fat and bold possible die deterioration'. I have another steel 43-S that has a VERY low draw from an earth magnet and has a very odd whitish color to it. I took measurements of the coins and had 3-4 that were out of the specifications, have different draws of magnetism, thickness, also the actual size of the coin.
Thanks again, and I would love to have any info on this as my weights and everything is disproportioned. Someone on my papaws side of the family had saved 'Cents' and apparently worked for the mint in the early 1900's I could try to find out a closer time period and see if there is relevance. Thanks!

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: *NEW MEMBER*-ScenicCityCulture aka Chad and Holly Howard, with a thanks to Daniel for Vid's & Involvment and Anyone

#2 Unread post by Daniel »

Thanks for you post and welcome to the community!

I am afraid you will need to send these coins to someone when it comes to weight and all they need examined in hand. You should post images but that's not always going to help when it comes to planchet errors and possible discovery pieces.

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner

Re: *NEW MEMBER*-ScenicCityCulture aka Chad and Holly Howard, with a thanks to Daniel for Vid's & Involvment and Anyone

#3 Unread post by Paul »

:welcome:
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#4 Unread post by PetesPockets55 »

Welcome and enjoy your collection.

ScenicCityCoin
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by ScenicCityCoin »

Check this 1948 wheat cent out. I will have to take more photos, any ideas?
Attachments
IMG_20190507_185641-1948wheatErrorGreaseClashMemorial.jpg

Paul

#6 Unread post by Paul »

From your 1 image here, it looks as if there was cellophane tape on the obverse......JMO
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

ScenicCityCoin
Coining Around

#7 Unread post by ScenicCityCoin »

I have to get a better camera, but am working on photos and going through all my coins gradually. My main focus and learning has been towards lincoln cents for the last few years. I love them all but i noticed I was getting confused looking at to many diff types. I have alot of foreign coins, Queen Elizabeth's of all shapes and sizes from almost everywhere. I have found a few Legend coins, and am truly enjoying going through the collection that I have as a "Collector", in the past, but now more along the lines of learning about the actual making of the coins & as much history as I can cram behind it.. This is an amazing site, I have sold with just small size store's on ebay and that is enough to stress you out at some points with the category and deal changing they seem to be doing. Also the dreaded "Final Value Fee's", so I do really appreciate that there are folks like yall willing to take time to say hello, and check out a man's collection and give your opinions. I had some issues sending other pics last night, do they have to be approved slowly? or did I just dunce the whole thing? Thanks

Ill try to send some more pics in a bit, thanks

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by Daniel »

Just start new topics with each coin. No approval required.

ScenicCityCoin
Coining Around

#9 Unread post by ScenicCityCoin »

here is what I believe to be a Amos Doolittle eagle breast plate.. I checked with my acid kit and stone very carefully and it showed to be atleast gold plated, and is somewhat different than others I have seen if you look closely at eagles left (Facing) leg and bottom of neck and eyebrow. Its also facing at an odd posture.
Attachments
UFO Medal - 2.jpg
UFO Medal 3 Revised.jpg
UFO Medal 4.jpg
IMG_20190707_151852.jpg
IMG_20190915_230007.jpg
IMG_20190915_230017.jpg
IMG_20190915_230103.jpg
IMG_20190915_230143.jpg
IMG_20190915_230332.jpg
IMG_20190915_230346.jpg

ScenicCityCoin
Coining Around

#10 Unread post by ScenicCityCoin »

The last set of steel cents are 2 diff coins by the way, I hope you can tell diff, if not I will try to organize them better.. I have old books filled up with them, every single coin not one missing. Thanks guys let me know if you see anything interesting. Im confused on why the older indian heads are red like the 1881
Attachments
IMG_20190915_230227.jpg
IMG_20190915_230254.jpg
IMG_20190915_230305.jpg
IMG_20190915_224148.jpg
IMG_20190915_224222.jpg
IMG_20190915_224314.jpg
IMG_20190917_233051.jpg
IMG_20190917_233059.jpg
IMG_20190915_225253.jpg
IMG_20190915_225320 - Copy.jpg

ScenicCityCoin
Coining Around

#11 Unread post by ScenicCityCoin »

the Un Centismo is a very neat coin, this is a Legend coin, please tell me oppinions on the 1958.. Thanks
Attachments
IMG_20190915_224617.jpg
IMG_20190915_224852.jpg
IMG_20190701_190801.jpg
IMG_20190701_190928.jpg
IMG_20190701_190937.jpg
IMG_20190701_191038.jpg
IMG_20190701_191219.jpg
IMG_20190701_192011.jpg

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#12 Unread post by Daniel »

We need a new topic for each coin it's too confusing this way, Thanks

ScenicCityCoin
Coining Around

#13 Unread post by ScenicCityCoin »

I read your post about the topics and the posts, but I do not see the link that was in the pic, or the buttons on my browser. I know that you are busy, im in Chatt, TN I believe maybe a 5-6hr drive from you. Maybe could just ride up your way and make a day of it some time. Up to you, I dont know how you prefer to run the business or if you have time.

DSCoins
Coin Guru

#14 Unread post by DSCoins »

Please don't send photos to Private Message, asking if I buy.

Thanks DScoins
USN Retired Jun1977-Jun 1997/100% disabled VET. (Not a wounded warrior)
Member CONACA
ANA
PCGS
NGC
Finds to date
2000-P .05C Strong Clashed Die O/R PCGS # 14129072 photo at maddieclashes
1983-P DDR FS-01-1983-501
5 2000 WAM FS- 901

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Unread post by Daniel »

You're coins are all common or damaged, all you have to do is look it up at ebay and choose sold auctions to see what they sell for.

No way to know how coins get damaged each time but when they're damaged that decreases their value.

ScenicCityCoin
Coining Around

#16 Unread post by ScenicCityCoin »

Okay, Thanks Kindly. Also appologies. I am 34 and have two boys and it would be a dream of mind to one day be a well rounded and respected Numismatic. I have not been at this long, just a few years. I truly dont want to sell my collection, im putting that up for the kids, but if I had a few that were rare or very valuable that would be different as I would sell whether I wanted to or not for my family because im by no means a rich man. The only value I have is the love the people around me give. Have a great day, and I will try to learn the format of the web page better. I will try to figure out how to start new topics for some reason the browser I use doesnt have the Button Sandbox in your "How to Post". Thanks for yalls time.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Unread post by Daniel »

Just click on the forum and use this button by the arrow like you did to start this post. Also common world coins are not worth messing with even the errors don't add value.
Attachments
new-topic-2.png