Introductions

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Shelby
Coining Around

Introductions

#1 Unread post by Shelby »

Hello everyone..thank you, Daniel, for all your many helpful videos given in such a patient way. I'm so new to this way of thinking but you always seem to throw in a couple coin yummy stories within your teaching mode..well..ya can't help but have fun!
As a matter of fact, so much fun that I think I found an old coin last evening while working in the attic. And I had just watched a video about it. I'm probably way off but how do I send a picture of it?

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner

Re: Introductions

#2 Unread post by Paul »

:welcome:
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

GemMintTrading
Coining Around

#3 Unread post by GemMintTrading »

Hello everyone... I feel I've fell victim to ghosting the CoinHelpU content for far too long. I have been in the shadows of the coin bisiness my entire life but wasnt until after the passing of my Father that I realized the passion I had for the hobby. My Grandfather and Father both were passionate collectors and coin dealer/brokers. It seemed like my entire childhood I set a rebellious goal to find interest in a different hobby. Even though my Grandfather and my Dad made several attempts to introduce me into the Community of Numismatists and even those who dabble in the hobby. People that I have grown to ultimately share the same passion for. Ive made so many friends through tbia hobby. I belueve It was the passing of my Grandfather in 93 that really made me start paying attention to specific types of coins and appreciating them for more than just a denomination of currency. Still had absolute zero interest in doing any "business" in this field. My Dad really wanted to push the business of coins on me. Although he did it in a respectable manor, I always felt I would never live up too his expectations. Pops passed away in 2011 and almost Instantaneously I found myself adding to his and my Grandfathers collection. I quickly realized my passion was for the hobby not for the business. Although, my hobby is funded primarily by peddling a couple coins here and there, I just am so glad I was able to take from the hardship of losing my Father at just 55 years old and take something away from the situation that has brought so much joy to my life. Both my Grandfather & my old man were ultimately successfuI despite my rebel. It was me that had finally appreciated the hobby for just that... A hobby. I look back at some of their notes and they did the same exact thing. They got into the business from the hobby. It was the passion they had for collecting coins, die varieties etc. that opened the door for business opportunities. So now as a 40 yr old father of 2 boys, I can appreciate their efforts even more than ever. I find myself trying to show my kids things about coins in general and it's just not something they are inti. Funny how I'm probably the 1 who will win in the end, just like my Grandpa & old man. I learned a valuable lesson from their efforts. Funny how history repeats itself and the old adage "The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree" has been around so long.

I have been so appreciative for this site, from the YouTube channel and the Google Play App. I felt that I should atleast introduce myself and express the amount of knowledge I've gained and continue too from Daniel and the members here... I've been a big fan of Daniel's approach to the hobby. It just so happens he grew up in the business but it's the actions and efforts that he displays that tells the story... It was never about business. The hobby created opportunities at some point through however many generations?

Thank you all for your efforts. I try to leave reviews, comments on YouTube and share the information because I have a tremendous amount of respect for the passion represented by the members & Daniel @ CoinHelpU.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Daniel »

Thank you for your posts! I enjoyed it and appreciate it!

Paul

#5 Unread post by Paul »

:welcome:
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep