New member intro and a question

Tell us a little about yourself or what and why you collect. You can post question here also.

Moderator: Daniel

Gingergold
Coining Around

New member intro and a question

#1 Unread post by Gingergold » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:59 am

Hi all! I'm new and wanted to I troduce myself, Gingergold is my name.
I've been collecting g coins since I was a little girl. Silver coins and 1943 steel pennies could be found in bank rolls back then....the good ol days! Anyways, I can remember us calling some error coins "blobs". Cause it look
ed like a blob on the mint mark or on the r ror b in liberty. Does anyone know what I am talking about? I don't see the term used anymore. I found a 79 blob d today. I will take a pic and post it in a minute. Would this be a mint mark? I did take a few years off during my collecting years and lots of new stuff to learn. I'm used to poor, good, very good au etc. So when I saw about 20 other grades shown it was a bit mind blowing. Lol guess I've given my age away by now. Nice to meet you all and looking forward to some fun and profitable times here.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New member intro and a question

#2 Unread post by Daniel » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:00 am

Welcome to the forum! I use to see a lot of holder with "blob" on them from the 80's and 70's, but this is just die chips or the style of mint mark used and is not usually an error or they're too minor to be of interest.

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

#3 Unread post by Paul » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:31 am

Daniel wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:00 am
Welcome to the forum! I use to see a lot of holder with "blob" on them from the 80's and 70's, but this is just die chips or the style of mint mark used and is not usually an error or they're too minor to be of interest.
:agree:
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#4 Unread post by PetesPockets55 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:04 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Feel like I'm missing out because I never got to use the term blob when I was collecting as a kid. happydance: