Connect with your social network account
Tell us a little about yourself or what and why you collect. You can post question here also.
- Coining Around
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:40 pm
I believe that the head side of this quarter may have a mint error it is from the Philly mint and it is very new obviously. I'm just trying to figure out if this is a common error or if I have something worth anything
- Head side I think is an error
- Tail side I think the circle on the inner part may have caused the error because the way the circles line up
- Master Die Variety Attributer
- Posts: 4106
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 9:19 pm
from your pic here ......
this 's like the marking from a "coin machine roller",.... that wraps coins into their paper rolls ... JMO
- Forum Supporter
- Posts: 1398
- Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:08 pm
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.
But I agree with PAHL1.
The surface of the coin was scraped by the coin counting machine.
- Posts: 1972
- Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:14 pm
- Location: Missouri
Yep, coin roller crimping tool.