Tell us a little about yourself or what and why you collect. You can post question here also.
- Coining Around
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:58 am
I am still fairly new to coin collecting, I found this in a handrolled penny roll... I can't seem to find any information about it... looks super interesting hoping somebody can tell me a little more about it... there is doubling I can see under my jewellers loop... but what gets me is the super thick edges that are a silvery color while the rest of it appears to be a goldfish color...
- Obverse of 2009 "log cabin" cent
- 1505213532341.jpg (12.05 KiB) Viewed 222 times
- Reverse of 2009 "log cabin" cent
- 1505213534028.jpg (12.98 KiB) Viewed 222 times
- Posts: 11300
- Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:59 pm
- Location: Ohio
This coin has been damaged and the copper plating has been rubbed off and that revealed the zinc planchet. It looks like a coin that was in a dryer for a while and called a dryer coin.
- Master Die Variety Attributer
- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 9:19 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests