Are the columns doubled on this Lincoln Cent

Tell us a little about yourself or what and why you collect. You can post question here also.

Moderator: Daniel

nicho16
Coining Around

Re: one more try

#11 Unread post by nicho16 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:13 am

yea thanks for the reply.. I thought that was the case with the "E'' but I still thought there was doubling going on. One of these days Im going to post a pic and ya all are going to agree with my assessment of it.....hopefully

by the way, and maybe its just me but I still like that first coin that looks like Abe is surfing.

thanks again for you help.

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#12 Unread post by PetesPockets55 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:30 pm

Daniel wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:00 am
I think you over-looked my first comments on this subject and images I sent. When you think you have ID'd any variety like a doubled die 99% of the time the die markers will be known and cataloged. If not then it is a knew variety that must be sent to a CONECA or recognized expert so it can be cataloged.

A true doubled feature will be the exact size and shape as the "original" feature on your coin the supposed doubled E is not, it is a plating bubble that is almost the shape of the E's center bar. As you can see it is fatter and and at an angle. The images are not good enough to see the LIBERTY so can't comment much without better images.
Well said.

PALH1
Master Die Variety Attributer
Master Die Variety Attributer

#13 Unread post by PALH1 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:52 pm

Daniel wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:00 am
I think you over-looked my first comments on this subject and images I sent. When you think you have ID'd any variety like a doubled die 99% of the time the die markers will be known and cataloged. If not then it is a knew variety that must be sent to a CONECA or recognized expert so it can be cataloged.

A true doubled feature will be the exact size and shape as the "original" feature on your coin the supposed doubled E is not, it is a plating bubble that is almost the shape of the E's center bar. As you can see it is fatter and and at an angle. The images are not good enough to see the LIBERTY so can't comment much without better images.
:agree: