Pennies

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
d'anna.bates
Coining Around

Pennies

#1 Unread post by d'anna.bates »

Hi my name is D'Anna (pronounced Dee Anna) I collect pennies started collecting as a child with my dad. I'm going to be honest I have a pile of pennies that just seem not right and I joined in the hopes a nice person would help me identify any errors. I won't post the hole pile at once a couple here and there. I bought a book to try to do this myself but I'm not really interested in the error aspect of collecting and that lowers my reading comprehension skills down considerably. My spare time (about 9 minutes a week)is just not sufficient enough to teach this kinda old dog new tricks. My grandson has labeled me as kinda old actually it was a quick thinking correction to calling me old probably inspired by my facial expression. I think he is kinda cute and kinda smart.
Attachments
0424171421-1.jpg
0424171422-1.jpg
0424171422a-1.jpg

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner

Re: Pennies

#2 Unread post by Paul »

hugeeyes pic of the '43S reverse please....

the '95D hugeeyes 's like a "dryer coin" to me ....
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#3 Unread post by PetesPockets55 »

Welcome. And congratulations on still collecting after starting with your Dad. We look forward to seeing your "shares".
Any chance on the 1943s you can weigh it (grams) and also measure the diameter (millimeters) with a micrometer? Thanks

d'anna.bates
Coining Around

Re: Pennies feverse pic

#4 Unread post by d'anna.bates »

Here is requested pic. I don't have scales that would weigh something so small and I let my son borrow my micrometer thanks for reminding me He s going to return it tm.
Attachments
0505170043~2.jpg

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#5 Unread post by PetesPockets55 »

Thanks for the image of the reverse but it is too blurry when enlarged to make out any thing. Can't really tell if there is anything other than post strike or post mint damage.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by Daniel »

Welcome to the forum and post images as much as you can and we will help.

On to the coins; they both look like dryer coins meaning the edges have been pushed inward and overlapped themselves. Steel cents are harder than copper so they will look a little different, but the only thing that can cause this type of damage is pressure on the rim of the coins. Pressure that doesn't happen during the minting process so this is post mint damage.

Paul

#7 Unread post by Paul »

i'll go with "PMD" on the steel cent also......
i would need to hugeeyes it first hand to say 'exactly' what was done to it, but NOT a 'minting process' error.
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep