Hello I know hardly anything about coins but went through some coins saved in a glass jar and had questions

Tell us a little about yourself or what and why you collect. You can post question here also.

Moderator: Daniel

loserboy
Coining Around

Hello I know hardly anything about coins but went through some coins saved in a glass jar and had questions

#1 Unread post by loserboy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:56 am

I will be posting pics of coins i was wondering about and whether they are worth anything to save or sell. Please try and be patient with me as i truly dont know anything about coins. Ill post this pic of 2000 D dime tonight then im going to bed and will continue in morning. Ok thank you for your time and having this site.Oh and there is a black spot on the lense not on dime
Image[/img][/img]
Attachments
notice the S or 8 on the A.  (1).jpg
something definately went wrong.jpg
yes has good wear on it.jpg

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hello I know hardly anything about coins but went through some coins saved in a glass jar and had questions

#2 Unread post by Daniel » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:39 am

Welcome to the forum! A far as the dime is concerned this is called counter wheel damage, from a machine like coin star or at a bank.

PALH1
Master Die Variety Attributer
Master Die Variety Attributer

Re: Hello I know hardly anything about coins but went through some coins saved in a glass jar and had questions

#3 Unread post by PALH1 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:59 am

:welcome:

:agree: D

loserboy
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by loserboy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:40 pm

ok thanks i appreciate it