1926 d rotated rev

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
clyde
Coin Wizz

1926 d rotated rev

#1 Unread post by clyde »

Can someone take a look at this and tell me what I might have? Tried to keep it as close as I could to the way it looks. Thanks guys. :w
Attachments
Image20.jpg
Image21.jpg

Maineman750
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Re: 1926 d rotated rev

#2 Unread post by Maineman750 »

Looks like about 45 degrees of rotation if the dots are what we're going by.Easier to put in a 2x2.
Roger

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Daniel »

Wonder what the value would be in VF?

pahwa
Coin Expert

#4 Unread post by pahwa »

:greatfind:
Pahwa
Leave no coin unturned!

Nolifeking
Coin Expert

#5 Unread post by Nolifeking »

Very nice find :cool:

Maineman750
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#6 Unread post by Maineman750 »

Wonder what the value would be in VF?
That's a tough question Daniel. Rotated dies don't have a good pricing record we can look up. I usually check EBay completed listings for a general idea on value. The other part of the equation is that key or semi-key dates are kind of a "white elephant" in that most people seeking these dates are looking for problem free coins. Also the most sought after rotated dies have at least 90 degrees rotation.

Disregard my reference to semi-key...I just found a 26-D while searching and thought...that's not semi-key..the 24-D is semi-key...old fart syndrome strikes again :l
Roger

clyde
Coin Wizz

#7 Unread post by clyde »

To expand on this, In addition to the 1926 d I also have a 1925 d with just about the same amount of rotation. Is this common to find two coins same mm a year apart with the same error? Will post photos if needed. BTW both coins are in about the same condition.

:w

Maineman750
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#8 Unread post by Maineman750 »

clyde...the rotation errors are pretty much unrelated..you just happened to find two that are similar...pretty cool though.
Roger

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by Daniel »

:cool: