Any ideas?

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Nolifeking
Coin Expert

Any ideas?

#1 Unread post by Nolifeking »

Here is a 2009P Professional Life cent. You can see the area about the arrows where a raised area comes from the corner of lincoln's coat up into one of the lower windows. It doesn't appear to be a die crack to me considering it's location and shape. Would this be a die dent (I believe that's what it's called)? Or some kind of crazy DDR. Thanks for any help.

pahwa
Coin Expert

Re: Any ideas?

#2 Unread post by pahwa »

That is interesting. It is amazing what one can see looking at these things. Makes one wonder how much they may miss too. A little bigger picture may help. I can't get it to enlarge. I like the idea of a crazy DDR but I have no idea! :l

Hopefully the experts swill chime in.
Pahwa
Leave no coin unturned!

Nolifeking
Coin Expert

#3 Unread post by Nolifeking »

pahwa wrote:That is interesting. It is amazing what one can see looking at these things. Makes one wonder how much they may miss too. A little bigger picture may help. I can't get it to enlarge. I like the idea of a crazy DDR but I have no idea! :l

Yea I apologize for the small picture. I posted it on another forum and they are super anal about large pictures. You post a large pic there and they bite your head off. :l

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Daniel »

It looks something like the Wounded Eagle Sacagawea Dollar and that's a die gouge. So you're correct on the "dent". I have an image on this webpage http://coinauctionshelp.com/Sacagawea%2 ... 0Page.html

Nolifeking
Coin Expert

#5 Unread post by Nolifeking »

Daniel wrote:It looks something like the Wounded Eagle Sacagawea Dollar and that's a die gouge. So you're correct on the "dent". I have an image on this webpage http://coinauctionshelp.com/Sacagawea%2 ... 0Page.html

That was the exact coin I had in mind when I found it. :l

So it that what it is for sure then?

pahwa
Coin Expert

#6 Unread post by pahwa »

Nolifeking wrote:
pahwa wrote:That is interesting. It is amazing what one can see looking at these things. Makes one wonder how much they may miss too. A little bigger picture may help. I can't get it to enlarge. I like the idea of a crazy DDR but I have no idea! :l

Yea I apologize for the small picture. I posted it on another forum and they are super anal about large pictures. You post a large pic there and they bite your head off. :l
Oh mannnn, a headless Nolifeking! :l That would be a bummer. I go onto other sites too and have noticed that many are rather well you know what i mean. Most are good people willing to help with no problems while some of them sometimes can't put up with inexperienced with much patience. Here there doesn't seem to be the personality conflicts or the arrogance that some have on other sites. I mean I can post the most ridiculous coin pics here and not get put down or yelled at. Though there is good on every site I visit. So man, POST a Bigger Pic! :l And heck even the itty bitty pic Daniel helped nail it anyways. I am old and need those larger pictures and anyway, I wouldn't have any idea what it is. hugeeyes
Pahwa
Leave no coin unturned!

Maineman750
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#7 Unread post by Maineman750 »

Yup, I saw that on the other forum,thought I was going to have to grab NoLife's head when it rolled by.... :l

Bob said "In the future, you don't need to have the pics so large, or zoomed in so much...Okay?

It was just a request to keep it under 800 pixels wide so they wouldn't need to scroll back and forth to read the text on the posts.

Agree with dent or gouge.
Roger

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by Daniel »

That's one of the main reasons I started this forum and rarely post on other forums, it's the bad apples that ruin the bunch. Although people seem to love the drama so it's keeps them coming back. I just don't like it. I am grateful we don't have that here, we have in the past, but I take care of it fast.

I would rather have a handful of great members than a houseful of ego and pride.

Nolifeking
Coin Expert

#9 Unread post by Nolifeking »

Well you definitely have the right idea Daniel. I remember some of the drama that you had on here. :w

Thanks for the help you guys. Now I just need to come up with a snappy name for this error to put on the flip. Something like the wounded eagle for the famous Sacajawea die gouge. :l

pahwa
Coin Expert

#10 Unread post by pahwa »

I like the smiley thingys better here than I have seen on the other sites too. :l
Pahwa
Leave no coin unturned!

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#11 Unread post by Daniel »

Nolifeking wrote:Well you definitely have the right idea Daniel. I remember some of the drama that you had on here. :w

Thanks for the help you guys. Now I just need to come up with a snappy name for this error to put on the flip. Something like the wounded eagle for the famous Sacajawea die gouge. :l
Speared Cloak?

AnnaS1988
Coining Around

Any ideas

#12 Unread post by AnnaS1988 »

a sort of quiz game?

i have too many students who look unintereste, particularly in secodne and i think this may wake them up a bit.

so does anyone have any ideas of how i can structure something with maximum particpation, a topic that would most likely appeal to them and that has minimal noise?

thanks

dipper13
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#13 Unread post by dipper13 »

How about the "custom coat" Penny? You must have great patience to see stuff like this! I am impressed.!