1988 Reverse of 1989 Lincoln Cent

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

1988 Reverse of 1989 Lincoln Cent

#1 Unread post by Daniel »

I found this mint variety while searching for a link to post. I must look back through my 88's again. http://www.lincolncentresource.com/Feat ... 8RDV6.html

clyde
Coin Wizz

Re: 1988 Reverse of 1989 Lincoln Cent

#2 Unread post by clyde »

I am so glad that I keep these things in year order. Seems like something new pops up every other month or so.

Jimmy06
Coinasieur

#3 Unread post by Jimmy06 »

man...where ya been? I been searching for these for years already...lol

didnt i post any of these coins on this forum in the past?

i have the entire die set for the Philadelphia coins,including the different die stages,except for a new one recently discovered:(1988 1¢ WTRD-007)

i have the Wexler discovery Philadelphia coin:1988 1¢ WTRD-006 see it here: http://doubleddie.com/278722.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and i have only one Denver 88 with the reverse of 1989 RDV-006....its die #8...Wexler Discovery Coin: 1988-D 1¢ WTRD-008

so far...THEE only one known.

see it here..........http://doubleddie.com/278743.html scroll all the way to the bottom to see WTRD-008

I think they were just assigned an FS# FS-901

WTRD= Wexler Transitional Reverse Die (#)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if anyone has any to sell.....PM me.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Daniel »

I must have missed this post as well. Of course, it doesn't hurt to bring them back since some members just don't see all the posts for various reasons. I think bringing back the mint error/variety forum will help that problem.

Maineman750
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#5 Unread post by Maineman750 »

Yes Daniel...Jimmy and I were both posting this variety back last winter...I have found 5 of the 1988-P RDV-006, no Denvers yet. But I agree that the nice thing about getting old is discussing things over and over and not knowing it :)
Roger

Maineman750
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#6 Unread post by Maineman750 »

OH ...Jimmy....did you see that Joe found a 1988D-CTRD-008 the other day ?
Roger

Jimmy06
Coinasieur

#7 Unread post by Jimmy06 »

yes i saw it.....that guy must search 500 boxes a week....lol

i been on a dry streak here......searching is so boring when you dont find anything....lol

that coin is not the same as 1988-D 1¢ WTRD-008..one is a Wexler listing and the other is different

Maineman750
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#8 Unread post by Maineman750 »

Yeah...a dry streak here too...one 82 DDO last week and few 98 & 00 WAM's but nothing really to speak of. I don't keep up with all the listing numbers....just use coppercoins.
Roger