1968 D

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Koinworld
Coining Around

1968 D

#1 Unread post by Koinworld » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:19 am

My apologies. I had posted images but on one uploaded. I had verified all of the markers and if I'm not mistaken that all match. The die dot in between the 1 and 9 is more easily visible in the first image. It sits level to the bottom of the 1 and almost perfectly centered between the 1 and 9. Tell only thing that didn't match was the Mint Mark. I accidentally hit the 68 S instead of the D and as I was done verifying and matching marrkers it took a few minutes before it dawned on me that I researched the S accidentally. Thank you Daniel. I really appreciate your time and help.

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

Re: 1968 D

#2 Unread post by Paul » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:44 am

:confused: .................................
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Koinworld
Coining Around

#3 Unread post by Koinworld » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:20 pm

For some reason I had attached the files earlier but guess you didn't receive them. Also I will resend you the 1955 error coin with images again.

Koinworld
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by Koinworld » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:40 am

I have sent all three images of each coin. Hopefully they reach you this time. I actually had no issue and they unloaded pretty fast. The 68 is difficult because of the coin being old and worn some markers need stronger magnification. 1: LIB seem to correspond. The marker between the 1 and 9 can be seen on the reverse I can faint corresponding marker at the T and below the N and there is doubling on in god we trust. If it is not a match then your thoughts please. I will do and go by what you determine and say. Now the Buffalo is it real doubling or not. That is definitely your professional eye. As for the 55 that o e is obvious. Not a drill bit and yet perfectly centered. If you did get these images Thank you very much for looking them over. I hope I didn't waste your time. If I did I deeply and humbly apologize.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by Daniel » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:25 am

Pennywise you need to slow down and figure out how to post image before posting a bunch of topics without images.