More 2019 Jeffersons with mark through doorframe

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Jsul77798
Coinasieur

More 2019 Jeffersons with mark through doorframe

#1 Unread post by Jsul77798 »

-2019 Jefferson nickel
-Reverse
-Bottom of the doorway to the RIGHT of the main doorway in Monticello
-Multiple found

So I posted in a few places asking about a mark I found on the reverse of a 2019 Jefferson. I got some feedback of clash mark and die damage but nothing too specific or in depth. The mark goes UNDER the door so in my mind wouldnt be die damage because the mark goes UNDER the doorframe not damaging the feature. Could still be a CM but i see no evidence elsewhere on the coin having a die clash.
Now I found 3 more in the small stash of 19's I have so far.
1) Am I correct in my thinking that Die Damage (gouge) would affect the design therefore ruling that out?
2) Does finding multiple examples make this any more interesting?
If so.....
3) Is there any group that tracks these die varieties of watever this is?

Thanks gentlemen

Ps...YES, Id love to have my name beside something I discovered!!!!! Lol
Attachments
20190525_013031.jpg
20190525_013031.jpg
20190525_013112.jpg
20190525_013208.jpg
20190525_013242.jpg

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: More 2019 Jeffersons with mark through doorframe

#2 Unread post by Daniel »

If you think you found something new then you need to send this coin to the appropriate person who's name already means something in Numismatics. An expert that the top grading companies and Coin World respect when they say something. Posting in groups and forums is not how it works. You can get in touch with someone through CONECA and ask whom to send your coin.

You can look up Ken Potter or Mike Ellis at Facebook or online as well.

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner

#3 Unread post by Paul »

:mad:
May I ask, is this a mark also?
whistling2:
Attachments
Monticello.PNG
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Jsul77798
Coinasieur

#4 Unread post by Jsul77798 »

Yes, it goes under the frame, and reappears on the other side without any distortion to the frame design.

And I appoligize Daniel. Ive always posted my finds on other forums that I cannot 100% id as a way to discuss a topic i enjoy with other like minded folks that may have different insights and ideas than i have on that piece and the hobby in general. Ive gained ained respect and admiration for you because of the great videos you work hard to produce and the honest and straightforward way you approach some touvh topics. I came here to support your site and help add content and promote discussion. I didnt realize i shouldnt be posting these things here. I try to learn all i can on my own but dont know everything and like to discuss and understand other thought processes. As for this piece, if i knew what it was, id know where to send it. Thought it was interesting.....thanks

Jsul77798
Coinasieur

#5 Unread post by Jsul77798 »

Each of those pics is a different nickel PALH1....3 seperate pieces. So its not a 1 off oddity and some anomaly with this die. Can you tell what it is though? A chip, gouge, clash, or doubling? I can think of reasons it could be any other than a chip or I think gouge. Thanks for taking the time to look. I value the discussion and these forums are the only place i have to get good, knowledgeable feedback.

Paul

#6 Unread post by Paul »

Jsul77798 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:04 pm Each of those pics is a different nickel PALH1....3 seperate pieces. So its not a 1 off oddity and some anomaly with this die. Can you tell what it is though? A chip, gouge, clash, or doubling? I can think of reasons it could be any other than a chip or I think gouge. Thanks for taking the time to look. I value the discussion and these forums are the only place i have to get good, knowledgeable feedback.

Your images are a bit fuzzy. May I ask how many "Megapixel" is your imaging device?
whistling2:

Also, there is a bit of a "learning curve", with respect to identifying what you are seeing in the images.
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Jsul77798
Coinasieur

#7 Unread post by Jsul77798 »

Thank God!!!! Sir, i will take as clear and crisp and detailed pictures that i possibly can, and answer whatever question yiud like to know. Im dying to get some clarification on a few things to get over whst msy be that curve your referencing. Im not getting any further with wexlers site, coneca, errror ref, allan herberts books, etc.....ill be home in an hour...what do you need to know or see to help me id and understand how to id this thing and differentiate between the possible causes? I will get them to you the minute im home.....

Jsul77798
Coinasieur

#8 Unread post by Jsul77798 »

This is my camera stats. I usually use a magnifyer app called cozy camera and magniyer and a 10x as well for closeups. I adjust the light and tone as well as possible for clarity.....please advise....thank you
Attachments
20190525_211224.png

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by Daniel »

I appreciate the support but when it comes to something new then it must be attributed by someone with a name, that is just how it works. Otherwise we just go back and forth and guess then get incorrect information from others. Myself I can't see much in these images so I can't help much. It is another reason this needs sent off.

I will say that minor stuff will not get any special attention and this looks minor. I learned that from experience.

Paul

#10 Unread post by Paul »

I only ask that question, as there a lot of individuals who believe they can jump into the business by buying a USB microscope, posting images of what they see, calling them "RARE" errors, and selling them on a popular auction website.

Your 13 megapixel camera should be sufficient enough for nicely detailed images.
The only problem that I have been seeing lately, is that when the images are expanded, they become a bit fuzzy.

Concerning your coins, keep in mind that what you are looking at is such a tiny flaw, for example, a possible teeny 'die scratch', 'die chip', or other 'minor imperfection'... That in the realm of minting coins, this should be considered just a common flaw...JMO
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep