1982 P DDO?

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1982 P DDO?

#11 Unread post by Daniel »

ave13co wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:22 am Thanks for your response. More likely 004. This is a zinc coin. 2.6 Grams. I will submit to Wexler and see what he thinks about it. As for my camera, I agree too much light. I am using a Plugable 250X microscope and a 42 Inch TV screen to be able to see up close. But I am not satisfied with the microscope. Just can't get a good enough image to see.
They will say extra thickness but not always so you can't go by that, just match die marks. Looking at the images only one I see with a separation on the 2. So you're matching images here.

ave13co
Coin Collector

#12 Unread post by ave13co »

Took a few mores images using the flashlight pointing from different sides of the coin. Last image is no flashlight. Notice that the doubling remains on the same side of the coin in every image. May be doubled but very subtle. Or my camera is not good enough. I think 250x isn't quite enough.Anyway see the images.
Attachments
k2.jpg
k1.jpg
k5.jpg

ave13co
Coin Collector

#13 Unread post by ave13co »

Hello Gary,
I have processed the coin that you submitted for attribution in a package postmarked April 9, 2019.
The 1982 Large Date Lincoln cent is 1982 1¢ WDDO-006 which is a new listing for my files.
Congratulations on the nice find.  It will be illustrated on the appropriate page of my website the next time that I update
the site.  I plan to use your find in my “Varieties Notebook” column in Coin World.  It is scheduled to appear in the August
19, 2019 installment of that column.
If you should decide to send the doubled die to ANACS to be slabbed with the Wexler File number, be sure to include a
copy of this letter along with the coin.
Good luck with all of your collecting efforts.
Sincerely,
John A. Wexler

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Unread post by Daniel »

Nice!

ave13co
Coin Collector

#15 Unread post by ave13co »

Need advice. Got this coin and letter back from Mr. Wexler today. My question is, should I get a confirmation from another atributer? Should I send this coin to Paul before sending it to ANACS to be slabbed? Probably will cost more than the coin is worth but it is my first DDO and it is a new variety.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by Daniel »

No. You send the coin to ANACS or one of the others with a letter from Wexler if he wrote you one. You should be calling those companies.

ave13co
Coin Collector

#17 Unread post by ave13co »

Ok. Thanks