Lincoln cents and what pennies

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
j_a/forever
Coining Around

Lincoln cents and what pennies

#1 Unread post by j_a/forever »

The most common coin around the 1cent coin. Do any of you know any list of cents that have any value of $1 or more. Greatly appreciated.

Also would anybody Haopen to own a true double die and a good example of a machine doubling coin that they can show me so I can look closely at the difference.

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Re: Lincoln cents and what pennies

#2 Unread post by PetesPockets55 »

j_a/forever wrote:The most common coin around the 1cent coin. Do any of you know any list of cents that have any value of $1 or more. Greatly appreciated.

Also would anybody Haopen to own a true double die and a good example of a machine doubling coin that they can show me so I can look closely at the difference.
Circulated or uncirculated? Wheats or modern ?
This site has a list of coin values for each denomination including Lincoln cents. Only three clicks to find a value once you are on this site. At the top of each page is a "Coin Values" tab. Click it, click the next tab that comes up and then choose which coin you want to look up values for.
I actually printed the tables out so I had them for quick reference when I got back into collecting/searching 4 years ago. Now I just bring the page up on my computer screen for reference when needed.
As for Doubled Die (8 Classes of die doubling) vs. Machine doubled, there is not just onetype of each. There are extreme examples (1917DDO,1924SDDR,1955DDO-001,1983DDR,1984DDO etc, etc.) as well as examples of minor/localized doubling.
Here is a link to Wexlars Coins and Die Varieties at DoubleDie.com
LINK
Welcome aboard the the Coin Searching train. (Just remember it is hard to get off this "train" once you board!) widegrin Enjoy the reading and journey.

j_a/forever
Coining Around

Re: Lincoln cents and what pennies

#3 Unread post by j_a/forever »

PetesPockets55 wrote:
j_a/forever wrote:The most common coin around the 1cent coin. Do any of you know any list of cents that have any value of $1 or more. Greatly appreciated.

Circulated or uncirculated? Wheats or modern ?
This site has a list of coin values for each denomination including Lincoln cents. Only three clicks to find a value once you are on this site. At the top of each page is a "Coin Values" tab. Click it, click the next tab that comes up and then choose which coin you want to look up values for.
I actually printed the tables out so I had them for quick reference when I got back into collecting/searching 4 years ago. Now I just bring the page up on my computer screen for reference when needed.
As for Doubled Die (8 Classes of die doubling) vs. Machine doubled, there is not just onetype of each. There are extreme examples (1917DDO,1924SDDR,1955DDO-001,1983DDR,1984DDO etc, etc.) as well as examples of minor/localized doubling.
Here is a link to Wexlars Coins and Die Varieties at DoubleDie.com
LINK
Welcome aboard the the Coin Searching train. (Just remember it is hard to get off this "train" once you board!) widegrin Enjoy the reading and journey.
Oh wow been using these forums for a few weeks now and never noticed the coin value tab haha I do not know how I never noticed. Perfect you the best. And oh yeah I know what you mean, im on this train for the long haul lol. It almost seend like it is addicting to me lol. Bout 5 months I have been collecting and actually studying and learning everything there is to know and I say I've come a long way already got alot more to go tho and I don't have a problem with It I love and enjoy.