Us lincoln penny 1982-D dark lines ?

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Coin Mule
Coin Wizz

Re: Us lincoln penny 1982-D dark lines ?

#11 Unread post by Coin Mule »

Hey B, after further review the roller is the culprit, I was wrong. The rollers that are referenced here are the rollers that pull the planchet material into the planchet punch, the rollers might have something on them and they impart this to the planchet in a random application before it is Die Punched.

The woody on the other hand is caused by a poor alloying of the copper, tin and zinc. Some of the best ones are from right after ww2 when brass shell cases were incorporated in the cent alloy> In researching this I found Beee utiful cents with the yellow brass color and the red copper, just soooo cool.

Here is a video of how a quarter is made and you can see the the planchet material being pulled off of the roll by the punch feed rollers.

Here is the real woody

Attachments
woody to chu.png
The Coin Mule
NGC Member
CONECA Member
mintstate.com User
NGC Registry Set Rank #70
(Kennedy Half Dollars, Silver, 1964-1970, Circulation and Proof Issues)
ANACS 1884-O VAM-37A2 MPD found in the wild
ANACS 1891-O VAM - 10 found in the wild
A Semi Knowledgeable Member Of The Coin Community
Resident Lone Haranguer

Braddock
Coin Collector

Re: Us lincoln penny 1982-D dark lines ?

#12 Unread post by Braddock »

Coin Mule wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:14 pm Hey B, after further review the roller is the culprit, I was wrong. The rollers that are referenced here are the rollers that pull the planchet material into the planchet punch, the rollers might have something on them and they impart this to the planchet in a random application before it is Die Punched.

The woody on the other hand is caused by a poor alloying of the copper, tin and zinc. Some of the best ones are from right after ww2 when brass shell cases were incorporated in the cent alloy> In researching this I found Beee utiful cents with the yellow brass color and the red copper, just soooo cool.

Here is a video of how a quarter is made and you can see the the planchet material being pulled off of the roll by the punch feed rollers.

Here is the real woody

a big thank you I thought it was to say that it was causing each other in the paper rolls that the banks give us thank you for your excellent explanation and the video thank you for having me very equiplicate this thanks to You come from learning from the new thank you