PNGL Photo Cert 1881-S and holder

Post anything about coin grading holders, questions, images, facts announcements. If it's in, or about, or is a coin holders this is where to post it.

Moderator: Daniel

dipper13
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Re: PNGL Photo Cert 1881-S and holder

#11 Unread post by dipper13 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:59 am

Their move from Texas to Colorado was fast and chaotic. I know, because I had coins in there when they moved. They also changed to the yellow color from blue which really screwed up my set of Pres proof dollars. I did not know of the move until my coins came back from Colorado. I know they changed ownership because of the radical change in appearance. I believe the only reason was to ID the new owners grading from the old. I still like the soap bars better. Some guys are sending them to ANACS to reholder?? They downgrade like it is from a competitor??? You really think their act is together??. I find them vindictive to other grading companies and small and childlike.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: PNGL Photo Cert 1881-S and holder

#12 Unread post by Daniel » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:42 am

No, not together, but their grading and trust are better than it was with the blue holders. I can remember the dealers at the shows commenting on how inaccurate the grades were in the blue holders.

However, I digress here Dan, since I haven't used ANACS in a number of years and haven't really compared or studied them lately. I am just going by what I heard on the "street".