DWM- (Denver West Mint)

Post anything about coin grading holders, questions, images, facts announcements. If it's in, or about, or is a coin holders this is where to post it.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
silverforall
Coining Around

Re: DWM- (Denver West Mint)

#21 Unread post by silverforall »

Daniel, its Joyce again "sliver for all"
Regarding your post "It's not a "hate" thing. Someone is trying to sell fraudulent merchandise either intentionally, or without knowledge of what they are selling. Our intent is to educate the unwary from being ripped off'
And......... "(PS. 175 positive is hardly a TOP SELLER.)"

I want to make sure we are talking about the same guy here. The one I'm talking about has the user name of jeff4scaglia.. I looked in to his site just now because I've got my eye on one of his toners, ebay item # 361444394042, what a beauty.. But back to this jeff4 guy again. Are we talking about the same guy? His home page shows hes been on ebay since 2005, has a 100% feedback rating with over 3000 deals and has that "Top Rated Plus" badge. I do see that most of his coins are toners just like eternitycoin & john-strategies who I've also purchased from in the past. I do believe that John does something to his photo's though to make the coin look somehow better, and for me? I'm a 3rd generation collector, started with my grandfather and know a bit more than most I would hope. I can at least tell if a coin was roughly cleaned and can get close to giving it a grade, but past that? I go to my local coin shop guy for assistance.. I'm glad to hear you say that its NOT a hate thing, that's not how a board should be handled, and as far as me growing up? You would be shocked to find out just how old I am, and no! I'm not going to tell ya! Joyce

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#22 Unread post by Daniel »

You're mixing people up. I didn't use the phrase like "grow up". I also know how a board should be conducted, I created and founded this board to warn collectors about these types of sellers. I am a third generation dealer and started with my grandpa, and I have studied this stuff for years and have even have engineering college credits. I don't just look at images and say AT or NT, I look at the patterns and toning stages as well as reflective factors.

jeff4 is not an ebay id with that much feedback. If you want to post links to the sellers then maybe we can know just who you're referring to or not.

I do know that the auction id you posted is an auction by the guy I was referring to in my previous post. The NGC coin is NT, but his raw coins are not.

silverforall
Coining Around

#23 Unread post by silverforall »

Sorry about the goof up, another member dinged me with the "grow-up"... How childish . So your family has been at this for a while too. Good for you! Understood on all the above.. Joyce

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#24 Unread post by Daniel »

All members of this board are here to protect ALL collectors and we have decades of experience between us, we're also nice and decent folk who would never mud sling without first knowing our facts and what we're talking about.

We don't pride ourselves in debasing people unless they pride themselves on ripping people off and or selling coins for something they're not.