DWM- (Denver West Mint)

Post anything about coin grading holders, questions, images, facts announcements. If it's in, or about, or is a coin holders this is where to post it.

Moderator: Daniel

epop
Coin Collector

DWM- (Denver West Mint)

#1 Unread post by epop » Tue May 21, 2013 3:01 pm

Have anyone heard of this company?
Two slabbed coins appeared in my greek forum and I don't have a clue about them

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: DWM- (Denver West Mint)

#2 Unread post by Daniel » Tue May 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Hum, they look to be a low tier, if that, slabber. There's no Denver West Mint in THE US unless it's a private mint so these coins would either be tokens or fake. Do you have a link or images of the entire coins?

epop
Coin Collector

#3 Unread post by epop » Wed May 22, 2013 9:12 am

coins looks genuine.They are cheap coins,nithing special.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Daniel » Wed May 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Don't know who they're but the coins do look genuine. However, their toning is artificial and made to look like it's "bulls-eye" toning for better appeal. At least I am sure the Columbian Half is AT.

marks460
Coin Collector

#5 Unread post by marks460 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Daniel wrote:Don't know who they're but the coins do look genuine. However, their toning is artificial and made to look like it's "bulls-eye" toning for better appeal. At least I am sure the Columbian Half is AT.
Hi, yes the coins are genuine ,but the toning is not as i have bought several Morgan dollars and silver eagles from this guy and cracked the slabs to send in to NGC and got them back in a body bag stateing they were chemically toned=stay away

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by Daniel » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:15 pm

Thanks for the update on this service!

marks460
Coin Collector

#7 Unread post by marks460 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:23 pm

Daniel wrote:Thanks for the update on this service!

your welcome , i know this guy from ebay and have bought alot of coins from him in the past-his name is Jeff Martin and he lives in CO. when i first started buying his coins on the bay there were beautifully "toned" i am a fond collector of Morgan dollars (my favorite coin) and really didn't care if they were self slabbed/AT'd and self graded. I was buying very high grade coins (but AT'd) for cheap, ( $28-$35 each )but the more i talked to him and bought from him off of ebay the more BS he was trying to feed me to buy his coins, for amuch higher prices ,that is when i stopped buying from him,he used to own Denver West Mint ,but the site is no longer up as i think he got in over his head with the people buying his coins as NT coins and then complaining about them,also i told him that his grader needs to find a differant job as some of the coins were graded at MS-65 and i would put them at AU-55 at best,(tried to hide the wear/cleaning with the toning). of course i did not buy any of those coins ,just the ones that i knew would grade very high,so in a nutshell stay away from him as he is not a good person,just thought y'all should know this. his ebay user name is -jeff4scaglia

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by Daniel » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:45 pm

Good info and thanks for the additional info. I try to warn people about sellers like this and they're not nice people and have no business selling coins.

marks460
Coin Collector

#9 Unread post by marks460 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:50 pm

Daniel wrote:Good info and thanks for the additional info. I try to warn people about sellers like this and they're not nice people and have no business selling coins.

that's cool, just don't copy and paste this to the seller as a ebay message ,then he will know it came from me,and being i work in LE i do not want any flack from ebay or him

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by Daniel » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:08 pm

I wouldn't do that, but you should never be afraid since ebay won't do anything and he's a fraud. He's ripping people off and getting away with it so if anyone, is going to anything to anyone, it would be to him. I report fools like this to ebay on a regular basis, write about them on my blog and post against them any way I can. They can't do anything about it and wouldn't since they're robbing people and they know it.