New grading companies listed with images and info

Post anything about coin grading holders, questions, images, facts announcements. If it's in, or about, or is a coin holders this is where to post it.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
dipper13
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Re: New grading companies listed with images and info

#11 Unread post by dipper13 »

This guy called himself "Universal" and "NUGRADE" , all using the same holder. Notice on one of the NUGRADE coins, info is on the back also. These have slight differences, but there really is not much difference. I am posting a pix of Universal to show you the comparisons.
He was a one time grader for ACCUGRADE Dan
Attachments
DSCF0442.JPG
DSCF0443.JPG
DSCF0444.JPG
DSCF0445.JPG
DSCF0446.JPG
DSCF0447.JPG

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner

#12 Unread post by Paul »

dan,
i've seen these too...
did YOU buy any?...& have a chance to 'hold', 'look at the slab itself'?
i don't recognize the 'plastic shell' for these...& if you did see one personally,...how were they 'sealed'?
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by Daniel »

I have some of this and I will check. I think they were once just snap together holders but I think I remember some were glued.

Paul

#14 Unread post by Paul »

early "BCW"?

SITE?
Attachments
CH NG.JPG
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Unread post by Daniel »

Maybe, but they do seem to be out of business. I get the same parked domain when I enter the url.

dipper13
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#16 Unread post by dipper13 »

Paul, these were snap togethers. Three companies used them. These two and another company called TRUGRADE, with a white insert. I have a couple and will post. Snap ons they are.They did try to glue them at one point. (Right Daniel) I put one of the Universal slabs under water. These are pathetic, not "sonic" sealed as advertised. They protect coins from fingers and marks, not from the elements. Did I buy any??? I have over one thousand, most recently bought in a great deal. He was good at picking up on error coins, like double dies, mint mark errors , BIEs, most are legit. The problem with him is he grades all cover the place. I sent some of his coins to ANACS, after breaking them out. His dollars were accurate, but the copper coins are all over graded. Everything else is a crap shoot. I got these coins at a great price. I am swimming in pennies. From what I understand all companies involved are defunct. Dan

Paul

#17 Unread post by Paul »

thanks dan, :yourock:
i could see they were 'snappies' by the 'toung-n-gruve' rims. yea, these are not 'sealed', but are good for temp modern day coinage. the 'inserts' are what throws me. i just never looked any further into them after i dissected 2 of each some time ago.

sometimes i throw in a 'BCW w/RED INSERT' & a 'ptouch' label for it (a build-ur-own), if i sell a 'raw' fe to a 'new collector'.
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

rjp
Coinasieur

#18 Unread post by rjp »

Thanks for the posts.
I am still out there in the trenches looking for those unlisted TPG companies.
I'll post them when I find them.
Bob
:cool:

rjp
Coinasieur

#19 Unread post by rjp »

Here is a company that is not listed on your list yet.
I just bought it. It is still in te mail.
I don't know anything about this company.
NCG slab 1880S MS66 obv.jpg
NCG slab 1880S MS66 obv.jpg (19.5 KiB) Viewed 18999 times
NCG slab 1880S MS66 rev.jpg
NCG slab 1880S MS66 rev.jpg (23.07 KiB) Viewed 18999 times
Bob
:cool:

Christian651
Coin Wizz

#20 Unread post by Christian651 »

(Here is a company that is not listed on your list yet.
I just bought it. It is still in te mail.
I don't know anything about this company.)

ive seen this co before at the flea market and on ebay they are just a self slab co that uses bcw holders with cheap labels and way over grades coins but then again thats alot of them

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#21 Unread post by Daniel »

Yeah, I pretty much stop listing these since they're a dime a dozen. I have well over 150 listed now and almost none of them have information other than the ebay seller peddling them.

cableman
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#22 Unread post by cableman »

RJP,They have a few nice rattlers available here.. http://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/19 ... GH-1st-Gen

rjp
Coinasieur

#23 Unread post by rjp »

Daniel wrote:Yeah, I pretty much stop listing these since they're a dime a dozen. I have well over 150 listed now and almost none of them have information other than the ebay seller peddling them.
Thanks
Kind of sorry I bought this one but one is all I need, the Morgan is not to bad in hand and if I am lucky it might still grade a 63, maybe a little bit too much chatter on the obverse. But a nice looking brillant coin anyway.

rjp
Coinasieur

#24 Unread post by rjp »

cableman wrote:RJP,They have a few nice rattlers available here.. http://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/19 ... GH-1st-Gen
Thanks for looking around for me, But I have been collecting PCGS rattlers now for about 8 years and I think I have all the common dollars I want.
Now a 1892, 93, 94,or 95 morgan rattler are very rare to find but I have seen them just out of my price range.
A 93-S rattler low grade was at $4200 and I thought I should sell my truck to get it but before I could hang the forsale signs on it, the coin was gone.
I guess I might want to stop collecting the out of business holders or I might have to sell the truck for food. But I will still buy any Rattlers I can find and have a place in my collection (or hoard) for them.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#25 Unread post by Daniel »

Nice to know, I run into them every once in awhile.

Scubaredneck
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#26 Unread post by Scubaredneck »

What about this?
image.jpg
image.jpg
The Scubaredneck

Christian651
Coin Wizz

#27 Unread post by Christian651 »

Thats tru grade the grading they did was not as bad as ive seen before they are around the same as segs or ntc so they are usually off by a couple grades and the holder i believe are snaplocks as well

dipper13
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#28 Unread post by dipper13 »

I listed them above,it is the same snap holder as universal and nugrade. This company was a partnership with the guy from the other two and another gentleman. They were from Bangor, Pa.The only difference is the white insert. I have slabs from all three companies,those who need one for a collection can get one easily. I have nugrade and universal by the hundreds, and a few from trugrade.

Fleurpink

#29 Unread post by Fleurpink »

dipper13 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:55 am This guy called himself "Universal" and "NUGRADE" , all using the same holder. Notice on one of the NUGRADE coins, info is on the back also. These have slight differences, but there really is not much difference. I am posting a pix of Universal to show you the comparisons.
He was a one time grader for ACCUGRADE Dan
Beautiful collection!