Stare Note

Discuss or ask questions or posts paper currency topics. World currency is allowed as well.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
tysopan
Coining Around

Stare Note

#1 Unread post by tysopan »

I have 100 One dollar bill stare note, does it have any premuim ?
Attachments
_IGP4388.JPG

dipper13
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Re: Stare Note

#2 Unread post by dipper13 »

Star notes carry a premium over face, especially if crisp uncirculated. I do not know how to grade, but depending on other factors, centering, Federal reserve bank and the like will make them worth more or less. All $1.00 star notes have at least a small premium.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Daniel »

Condition is the key and those bills look crisp and uncirculated. Another aspect of value is the serial numbers and bank and the signatures, plus if these are successive serial numbers then they have more of a premium as a lot.

mikev50
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#4 Unread post by mikev50 »

price guide shows 8$ each for 2003A in CHCU if thats the year and series.....3,200,000 made..check the stars to see if any are inverted...big bucks if you find any....

tysopan
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by tysopan »

Thanks, every body for the informations. I will hold on to theses note for while before do something about it later on.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by Daniel »

Glad to help and thanks for posting the notes.

2centsal
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Re: Star Notes

#7 Unread post by 2centsal »

:greatfind: Wow, all Star Notes ! My book only goes up to CU-63 ( $6) and lists them as F-1931J* . That means their out of the Fort Worth, TX Facility . That's if their all marked J at the left side that which means Bank of Kansas City. Are all the notes marked J and start with a Fw on the lower right side in small print ? I'm not saying their CU-63, I'm just stating that's the highest grade my book goes up to, but they definitely would grade higher as you said . I also think they would sell better in a single gripe or batches. After all, it would be hard to get $800 for the pack. Maybe in sets of 10 would be a faster way of moving them. Just my 2 Cents. lol:

tysopan
Coining Around

#8 Unread post by tysopan »

Thanks, but I'll keep's theses for now.

tysopan
Coining Around

#9 Unread post by tysopan »

What is inverted star?. Would you show me the sample Mikev50.