Grade your Own Notes!

Discuss or ask questions or posts paper currency topics. World currency is allowed as well.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
aj1
Coining Around

Grade your Own Notes!

#1 Unread post by aj1 »

Look guys! I'm about fed up with the so-called GRADING services and I've developed a GRADING system were everybody can GRADE their own CIRCULATED Currency! Yes! Circulated! NO Mint State notes! No Mint State Grading! I'm leaving that to the EXPERTS (whom ever they are)

Go to StolenCurrency.com OR CirculatedCurrency.com and Download the Attributes !

(now I know some of the people are not going to be happy with what I've picked, but they can always send me an email and we will discuss it!) Then follow the instructions for grading Circulated Notes!

1. Grade BOTH sides of the note individually! 2. USE a large currency holder and print (or write) your grade, what YOU believe is good or bad! It's your note.....

There are examples right there. There are downloads so u can use excel or wks.

try it! IT's FREE!
aj1 :yourock:

aj1
Coining Around

Re: Grade your Own Notes!

#2 Unread post by aj1 »

I'm sorry to PMG -- sometimes PCGS and NEVER sorry to CGA!
It seems that these Currency graders have really reached their limit, as the financial crisis impacts us all. PMG is one of the best graders out there for Currency, so if you are buy currency only buy Mint state currency from them.

PCGS -- this is a company that may have a dragon on it's tail! a huge dragon! Every note they grade below mint state gets bought and RE GRADED by CGA..... (yes I know about the STAR-more on that later) PCGS makes mistakes BUT what they don't understand is that PEOPLE buy these mistakes! Paying good money to buy these mistakes.

CGA-- whatever GROUP or new owner or old owner who every they are!
1. NEW owner is suppose to put a STAR on all of his notes he's graded!
2. BUT there are notes out there where there is NO star-- and they were graded in 2011- 2012 -2013..... I don't know exactly the date it was suppose to start but he told the court he sold CGA and that the new owner would use stars.

StolenCurrency.com HUH and Weird! check it your self! I've only started this effort less than a year ago!

TRACK & PRICE has been tracking this RE-GRADING crap for YEARS! (if you buy notes- u must try track & price for 30 days FREE) I have no financial interest in track & price software!

============
The grading policies of these companies is crazy! Letters --numbers -- 60 to 70 -- plus all the letters each organization different. WE need actual information regarding exactly what is being evaluated and the score that going with it.

I've started a Grading system for CIRCULATED CURRENCY -- notes issued by BANKS! If it's Mint State-- fine, send it where ever!
BUT if you have a note and you want to grade that note (BOTH SIDES individually) great! IT's FREE!
Circulatedcurrency.com download the instructions! USE it!

Sell your notes, If the buyer doesn't like your grading! GREAT! "tell him to buy it and grade it himself"
1-100 -- NO letters just numbers! and NO MINT STATE! there is NO mint state grades..... IN FACT if it grades a 95 to 100 u should think about having the note graded, (if you can afford it)

If you disagree with the parameters I've established- GREAT communicate them to me!
TELL ME why you think I'm wrong! I'll listen --I might not agree, but I will listen. I will adjust those attributes as it is necessary! ---

THINK ABOUT THIS NEXT WAKE-UP Comment:
Notes have Serial Numbers and this is how we can track the RE-Grading (sometimes 10 points different--check it yourself) If it's happening with traceable NOTES who to say that the same thing isn't happening with COINS???

Just try and find some of the early grading coins from PCGS or ANACS or PCI .....there are no serial numbers to trace once the coin is removed from the holder? WE NEED to POST the Parameters for the grade (both sides) ---->>> we need to have accountability. WHEN ! NOW!
and experts need to put their names on that coins or currency....

hugeeyes

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Grade your Own Notes!

#3 Unread post by Daniel »

The same thing is happening with coin grading, population reports are inflated and a lot of market grading is going on. I am not much of a currency collector but any good information is welcome. I am not sure you can say there's no mint state notes, there might not be any uncirculated, but mint state is different.

It's the same with coins, and it all depends on how you define uncirculated, but there's still mint state coins. I just don't agree that there's as many uncirculated coins as is portrayed by sellers and dealers. It's commonsense that a coin can be circulated for a short time but still not obtain any wear, IF it's pulled from circulation before wear occurs.