Shanghai China..before it was communist???

Discuss or ask questions or posts paper currency topics. World currency is allowed as well.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
astralea1692
Coining Around

Shanghai China..before it was communist???

#1 Unread post by astralea1692 »

I was given this bill by an old friend, gone now. He said his Uncle carried it around in his wallet forever...if I remember correctly, he said his Uncle had been in Service & war. Anyone know anything or recognize this bill? iT'S A Large bill & I keep it safely enclosed in a holder...Yes, I know..it has a lot of issues. Thanks!!!
Attachments
18073430_1029016080563916_412721836_n.jpg
18109498_1029016147230576_1667881641_n.jpg

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Re: Shanghai China..before it was communist???

#2 Unread post by PetesPockets55 »

Sorry but I'm striking out three times on this one. No currency or foreign money collecting and I can't read or write Chinese. I'm going to guess these were issued after the Japanese occupation because of the English on one side. The date must be on the reverse with the Chinese characters. Widh I could be more helpful but thanks for sharing.

mhonzell
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by mhonzell »

This 10 dollar bill was printed for the Central Bank of China by the American Bank Note Company (small text on reverse, under Shangh'ai) as the 1928 version. In excellent shape, you can get them for about $5.

On the back is a portrait of Sun Yat-sen (1866-1925) first president and founding father of the Republic of China.
Attachments
a-vert.jpg
Civil War Tokens
Morgan Dollars
Ancient Coins

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#4 Unread post by PetesPockets55 »

Thanks Mark for clarifying and correcting my guess at time period for this note. All I could get from my G-search was on currency issued during the Japanese occupation. Interesting that the portrait is on the reverse which is opposite of most coins.

astralea1692
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by astralea1692 »

Again, mhonzell....I am grateful for your knowledge & answer!!!! This also has been a very unique puzzle for me, for years!! Thanks for all the help!!!

mhonzell
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by mhonzell »

No problem and thanks for asking.
Civil War Tokens
Morgan Dollars
Ancient Coins