suggestion

This forum is for buying, selling and trading as well as promoting your ebay or Facebook auctions.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Please mark as sold after listing sells. No fraudulent or unscrupulous activity allowed, just be honest about the coins you're selling and there won't be any problems.
Maineman750
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

suggestion

#1 Unread post by Maineman750 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:20 pm

I noticed when adding a coin for sale that there was no cancel button (unless I'm blind and that's possible) so I had to just quit when I ran into a problem.
Also noticed that when I'm logged in, there doesn't seem to be a way to view other peoples coins,auctions,etc. I always just quit and return without logging in.

Roger

coinbook
Coining Around

Re: suggestion

#2 Unread post by coinbook » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:28 pm

Maineman750 wrote:I noticed when adding a coin for sale that there was no cancel button (unless I'm blind and that's possible) so I had to just quit when I ran into a problem.
Also noticed that when I'm logged in, there doesn't seem to be a way to view other peoples coins,auctions,etc. I always just quit and return without logging in.
Hello Maineman750,

Much of this sounds very concerning.

I assume when you are adding the coin, you are on the page where you fill out the page description, title, info, prices and etc? If so, there is no cancel button but this page will allow you to press the back button to escape that page or you can escape by clicking on any of the links or the logo. I will probably add another navigation link along with a cancel button so members can click that and return to the homepage or "My Coin Book", whichever is better. You can also escape by clicking the logo at the top of the page to return to the homepage.

I am very puzzled by your second concern. You should be able to view everyone's individual "Coin Book", coins, auctions and etc by clicking on their username. Are you receiving some sort of error when clicking on the usernames? Or are you not seeing even the listings on the homepage?
Alternative to eBay: [url]http://www.usacoinbook.com/[/url]

Maineman750
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#3 Unread post by Maineman750 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:44 am

The cancel button would probably be helpful in that you would know you canceled the listing.....sometimes the "back" button will do strange things(on other sites) so I didn't try that.
For the second question....I just tried clicking on the Logo at the top and that does the trick....I didn't see a "Home" page link but apparently clicking on the USA Coin Book logo at the top is how you get there.
Roger

coinbook
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by coinbook » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:49 pm

Maineman750 wrote:The cancel button would probably be helpful in that you would know you canceled the listing.....sometimes the "back" button will do strange things(on other sites) so I didn't try that.
For the second question....I just tried clicking on the Logo at the top and that does the trick....I didn't see a "Home" page link but apparently clicking on the USA Coin Book logo at the top is how you get there.
This sounds good, I will add a cancel button and another "Home" link as well. I know what you mean about the "back" button sometimes doing weird things, usually when leaving or returning to a page with a form.

What about your other concern about not being able to view other people's auctions and coin book? Are you still having this trouble?

One thing I would like to mention is that I am currently developing a "shopping cart" feature that someone suggested where members can add coins from your store and buy them on a single invoice instead of having 1 invoice and one shipping charge for every different coin bought. I can't say when it will be done (I'm having good progress right now), but it should be really special for dealers and I will let everyone know about it here.

Maineman750
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#5 Unread post by Maineman750 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:03 pm

I was able to view other people's auctions after hitting the "home" (USA COIN logo)....so I'm guessing an actual HOME button would help a lot of people...I would never have guessed clicking on the USACOIN logo without your help.Thanks
Roger

Maineman750
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#6 Unread post by Maineman750 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Oh...one other thing....when selling and filling out the postage...the one that says postage "for additional coins,leave blank if free"......that's a little tricky in that it's hard to set a price per coin because of insurance....I just mention in my listing that I will combine postage and charge the actual amount but the part that says "leave blank if free" kinda scares me...does the customer see that ?
Roger

coinbook
Coining Around

#7 Unread post by coinbook » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:07 am

Hello Maineman750,

I made some major changes in the site over the last few days. For instance, if you get stuck on one of the forms, I placed a "Back to Previous Page" link up at the top. Also, I placed a large "HOME PAGE" link on the sidebar for anyone who is browsing through the site. You have a very good point and I agree that not everyone is going to know that clicking the logo will bring them to the homepage.

For your second concern: We just got done upgrading the entire purchasing process literally about an hour ago. Customers can now browse through dealer stores and add items to a "shopping cart". They can then make one large purchase with one invoice. If someone bought 30 individually different coins, there will no longer be 30 different invoices for each sale and they won't have to be over-charged shipping when they had to purchase a coin at each page.

I explained the "shipping cost policy" at the bottom of this page: http://www.usacoinbook.com/sell-coins.php

Now for each product, you would add the regular shipping and handling if they only purchased one item. If you are selling multiple items, you would then have to add a cost into the "Additional Shipping Cost for Purchase of Multiple Items" in case the customer added more than one coin.

For instance, if you have two different items for sale both with $20 shipping and $2 shipping for "Additional Shipping Cost for Purchase of Multiple Items".

If a customer bought one of them, they would be charged just $20 shipping. If they bought both of them, they would be charged $20 + $2 for a total of $22 shipping. That way the customer isn't over-charged with $40 shipping when two coins could be placed in a single box. This would become much more important and convenient if a buyer purchased 100 coins or more at one time ($218 shipping vs. $2,000) and dealer wouldn't have to issue refunds.

If you left "Additional Shipping Cost for Purchase of Multiple Items" blank (free shipping), that would mean the buyer would pay $20 for the first item and would get free shipping for each additional item. Remember though, each product can have it's own additional shipping cost. After the purchase of the first item, certain additional products can have free shipping and others (perhaps the heavier and bigger) can have extra shipping fees.

The page in that link above explains another example of how we deal with the situation where a customer buys a bunch of products and the product with the most expensive shipping becomes the "base rate" and we just add the smaller additional charges to it. This way the dealer gets the receives the proper payment for shipping.

Let me know what you think of this system, I think it really turned out to be special since anyone can now create their own "shopping cart" store, which is great for those dealers who don't own websites. This is something that even eBay doesn't have (as far as I know) and many other auction and e-commerce sites don't have this. Note that this is only for the BIN format.

Kind regards
USA Coin Book

Maineman750
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#8 Unread post by Maineman750 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:15 pm

Coinbook, all of these improvements really sound great. I like the idea of the most expensive shipping becoming the base because that's what worried me...my shipping for a coin up to $100 is only $3.00, but when the value hits over $300 the insurance skyrockets, so I believe your system has me covered. All of the other improvements sound good too, but I'll really get a chance to play and add more coins when I get back from my vacation. I'm going to add most of my for sale items on your site and only use eBay if I need a quick turnaround.
Roger

coinbook
Coining Around

#9 Unread post by coinbook » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:16 pm

Maineman750 wrote:Coinbook, all of these improvements really sound great. I like the idea of the most expensive shipping becoming the base because that's what worried me...my shipping for a coin up to $100 is only $3.00, but when the value hits over $300 the insurance skyrockets, so I believe your system has me covered. All of the other improvements sound good too, but I'll really get a chance to play and add more coins when I get back from my vacation. I'm going to add most of my for sale items on your site and only use eBay if I need a quick turnaround.
Awesome, this sounds great!

I'm glad this shipping system is agreeing with your business model. I will continue to see what others think about it and there will probably be a few more improvements I will have done soon as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

coinbook
Coining Around

#10 Unread post by coinbook » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:26 am

I made another great upgrade to the site regarding the price list of all the coins (through clicking the links on the side).

We added the 4 major tabs (auctions, for sale, wishlist, personal collection) and color coded the specific coins associated with those 4 tabs. We count up all of the specific coins from all of the members as well.

For instance, check out this page: http://www.usacoinbook.com/coins/small- ... heat-cent/

You can now see specifically which coins are being sold by looking through the pricing table, which are highlighted blue and has a count on the far right side. This is in addition to the other display at the bottom where you can see which coins of a particular coin are for sale.