Trade dollar

This forum is for buying, selling and trading as well as promoting your ebay or Facebook auctions.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Please mark as sold after listing sells. No fraudulent or unscrupulous activity allowed, just be honest about the coins you're selling and there won't be any problems.
PALH1
Master Die Variety Attributer

Re: Trade dollar

#11 Unread post by PALH1 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:03 am

finalfantasy wrote:I have to agree with Paul on this one because I had one of my trade dollars checked out by a coin dealer as it passed the silver test but failed when weighed on a digital scale. Therefore, I have to say a digital scale is imperative and a magnet is usually easy to find online too.
just to be clear....
when you said 'silver test', did you mean 'non-magnetic test'....?

RobinMitchell
Coin Collector

Re: Trade dollar - SOLD!

#12 Unread post by RobinMitchell » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:48 pm

Thanks guys....I'll definitely take this into consideration because sales are happening! I just sold the Trade for $117.50 after a $74 starting price, and I have bids on two other items. I figured I was too high on this one but I guess not.

Let me get used to Ebay before I try selling in multiple places. I'm technologically challenged and haven't even used Ebay in 12 years. It's not a very user-friendly system when it comes to changing settings and knowing whether or not I've completed every step with regard to shipping and notifying my customer. I know a lot is automated, but they need some kind of checklist with big green check marks like in tax return programs because there are multiple steps and it would be easy to miss one, especially as things speed up. Right now I'm just posting a bunch of random stuff to get a feel for the system. If it sells, great. If not, then I'll learn and try something different.

mhonzell
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by mhonzell » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:14 pm

You can pick up a "gram scale" for as little as $6.50, no delivery fee, on ebay.
"Digital calipers" are a bit more expensive at $10.

RobinMitchell
Coin Collector

#14 Unread post by RobinMitchell » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Super! Thank you! I know I've also read something about using acronyms and labeling all of my files consistently. Can someone point me in the direction of a good acronym list I can use to create item numbers and label my pics?

jeffavenger69
Coining Around

#15 Unread post by jeffavenger69 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:52 am

Hello,I have come into possession a large one cent piece!I have no idea of how much it is worth,you can read one cent on the back!On the front is a woman,and the year I make out a 2....It is faded?please help....clueless?

PALH1

#16 Unread post by PALH1 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:59 am

jeffavenger69 wrote:Hello,I have come into possession a large one cent piece!I have no idea of how much it is worth,you can read one cent on the back!On the front is a woman,and the year I make out a 2....It is faded?please help....clueless?
pictures plz.... whistling2: