90% silver bags

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
DYEDYE1
Coining Around

90% silver bags

#1 Unread post by DYEDYE1 »

Do you find that the 90% 1000 dollar face value silver bags have been picked through for all the coins that hold value over just melt value?

DYEDYE1
Coining Around

Re: 90% silver bags

#2 Unread post by DYEDYE1 »

I’m considering purchasing a bag simply to search through but I have no idea if it’s pointless to do so

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Earle42 »

No. As technology has improved, more and more information about die varieties has surfaced. Some die varieties can be worth finding.

Now if you are looking to retire by finding that one, overlooked mint state 1916-D silver Mercury dime...its almost as unlikely as it being legitimate that President Trump lost the last...uh...well...you get the idea.😋
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

Coin Mule
Coin Wizz

#4 Unread post by Coin Mule »

Hey D, wasss up. The issue here, is that more than likely the bags will have rejected coins, in other words, lets say JM Bullion buys a huge hoard, 1000 coins, lets say 200 are gradable, another 200 can be sold as ungraded individual coins, then you have 600 coins they throw in a bag, and make a big deal over it. Sad but true. A lot of folks bought these bags in the past few months because of silver spiking, but they were not searching for "Nice" coins, they were "stacking". So this has created a shortage in Physical Silver, but wait there is more.

Now a lesson from the world of series 3. Two things move markets, fear and greed. People bought at 27, 28, 29, because it's going to 30. So now, folks are getting nervous, 25, it has to break 25, yes I won't lose my kids college money. Shhh don't tell that guy, when you throw a dead cat off of a tall building it will bounce at least once, or a dead sliver contract. I believe there will be a silver glut soon, and the "bullion" coins will be a hair above spot, and there will be tons of bags and rolls for sale really cheap. It doesn't mean there will be anything collectable in the bags or rolls, it just means they will be cheap.
The Coin Mule
NGC Member
CONECA Member
mintstate.com User
NGC Registry Set Rank #70
(Kennedy Half Dollars, Silver, 1964-1970, Circulation and Proof Issues)
CONECA Attributed 1878 P 8 TF VAM 23 TOP 100 SLOT 5
CONECA and ANACS MS62 Attributed 1882 CC VAM 3 A
CONECA and ANACS MS64 Attributed 1900 P VAM 4
ANACS 1884-O VAM-37A2 MPD
ANACS 1891-O VAM - 10
[glow=red]Resident Lone Haranguer [/glow]

DYEDYE1
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by DYEDYE1 »

Earle42 you’re my hero I appreciate it lmao.
Coin you’re a wealth of knowledge thank you very much.

Clint W
Coinasieur

#6 Unread post by Clint W »

I have been eye-balling junk silver bags lately but am also curious if there is anything worth looking for in there, or have these bags been thoroughly picked thru? I can only imagine they would skim thru these coins at least before packing in a big bag. what about the wheat pennies? can they really spend the time to go thru all 5,000 pennies before shoving them all in a bag?
USAF Retired 1995-2018
Fairly new to collecting

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by Daniel »

These bags have been searched unless they bought them over 10 years ago.