Here's the Best Buy for Metal Detector

If you metal detect or just hunt for hidden treasures then post your stories and find here. Everyone enjoys a good lost treasure story or news find and they're welcome here as well.

Moderator: Daniel

jimmydetectors
Coining Around

Here's the Best Buy for Metal Detector

#1 Unread post by jimmydetectors » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:31 am

Here www.detectorall.com is also a good place to buy a metal detector, and there are different types for you to choose from , There are many kinds of detectors, such as handheld metal detectors, safety metal detectors, walk through metal detectors,gold metal detectors, X-Ray inspection systems and so on.

abcoin
Coin Collector

Re: Here's the Best Buy for Metal Detector

#2 Unread post by abcoin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:32 pm

I would be wary of detectors that are not name brand. Your products may be cheaper; but are they documented and proven? Rich

stonjohn4
Coining Around

#3 Unread post by stonjohn4 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:09 am

I dug 6" and I wanted to give up, but the probe was still giving me a solid signal even though my bullseye wasn't doing anything. I decided to keep digging. Then finally at 8" I pulled up a nice wheatie 1935. This pinpointer is useful for shallow coins as well. You can used it before you even dig a hole and get an extremely accurate reading of where the coin is. On deeper coins it is a must to help locate the coin in the hole so you know where to dig and when to expect to find the coin.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Daniel » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 am

I have read that it's the balance settings that are most important when detecting. A pin pointer is a must have but there's so many other aspects of detecting. It would be nice for an experienced detector to do a little write up on the most important features for detectors then promote off brands.

baron25
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by baron25 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:09 am

I think that is pretty cool find.Imay have to get my detector out and do some hunting