1959 Peso

If you metal detect or just hunt for hidden treasures then post your stories and find here. Everyone enjoys a good lost treasure story or news find and they're welcome here as well.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
zakota
Coin Wizz

Re: 1959 Peso

#11 Unread post by zakota »

Yes you mentioned it was a proof. As for reading the graded coins I am learning. I have not ever seen a graded coin till the last few weeks. I will tell you my back ground in coin collecting. I use to sit with my father as he looked through his coins. He would show me certain coins and what was correct or incorrect. The terms he used then are so obsolite now that I could not get through the other site three weeks ago with out going to the glossary. I spent more time in the glossary than looking through the site at the coins. What I have learned about the modern collector terms and kinda what is now looked for has happened in the past three weeks. I had so many error coins to sort through that I was going crazy. I would look at what he had written on the coin he had found. There are three coins I had no idea what he had seen. Today I had found out on the one what he had seen. He wrote "bars over letters". Today I finaly seen what he seen, it is posted on the one nickle that is in dim light. The letters seem to be a DD. So I have been trying to sort through coins, figure out what is worth keeping, what is high dollar, and thin out what is here so that I can make heads or tails of all this mess. I am never arguing with anyone on this site. I know nothing about coins. Compared to who is here. I do ask questions on what is told me if it is not clear to me. I am not questioning your knowledge, but looking for an explanation that I understand. I know it is a Numismatic site. I am trying to learn as fast as I can, it is to my benifit to learn quickly. You explain matters as you understand them. I have now only started to learn about terms and collecting in three weeks. Yes I do know some, but not enough to follow if you get indepth. If it ever seems that I am being smart or questioning your expertiese, I am not. I am fishing for a different explination I can understand. Treat me as a person that has only now decided to start collecting and walked into your coin shop and wanted to get started. Knew nothing. I will learn, I am riding every ones shirt tails. I enjoy looking through these coins, expecially the error coins. I do greatly appriciate every ones help and knowledge. You have been great help. I truly have learned more on this site since I have been here than the other site in three weeks. I have done more than 45% of the collection in the past week here on this site with every ones help. On the other site I did not even do 10% in three weeks. Once I get through what is not worth while to keep and get down to the better coins, then I can slow down and learn much more. The coins are only half of what I have to sort through. I also have currency to sort through once I am through with the coins. I do want to thank you guys for being patient with me and sharring your knowledge. I do apologize for the long post, wanted to share my delima with all.
From beginning to end,
life is life, no matter how you look at it.

regandon
Coin Expert

#12 Unread post by regandon »

You need to take a step away from those coins for awhile. It sounds like you have quite the job going through them. As for thinking you are giving wise guy comments. I never thought you did. We are here to help collectors that want to learn. I'm over 50 years old and have been into this hobby for 35yrs. I take no question as a dumb one, only those that call beginning collectors questions dumb, are the ones that are wrong. I'll help you all I can and try to answer any question you may have about your coins. TPGSadmin, Isaiah and I are here to help. My field of study in this hobby is European coins, and Morgan Dollars. But please, take your time to learn and ask all the question you need to.
ANA member# R-3128774
WINS member# 774

Templar Knights Motto
NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED TUD
NOMINI GLORIAM

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by Daniel »

Yes, I agree with regandon. You can ask as many or any question you want and we will never get tired or annoyed by your posts or questions.

Isaiah

#14 Unread post by Isaiah »

regandon wrote::)
Worst smiley ever award goes to that thing. Looks like a forced smile under a great deal of pain, if you ask me.

Not good when your post doesn't merit a " :D ", but, you just want a smile.

Totally off topic, but, it's true!!

~Isaiah

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Unread post by Daniel »

Isaiah wrote:
regandon wrote::)
Worst smiley ever award goes to that thing. Looks like a forced smile under a great deal of pain, if you ask me.

Not good when your post doesn't merit a " :D ", but, you just want a smile.

Totally off topic, but, it's true!!

~Isaiah
I don't understand what you mean in this post Isaiah. The smiley is a smile, just not a very happy smiley. Someone might misunderstand this comment.

Isaiah

#16 Unread post by Isaiah »

Great. Now Regandon's upset with me about a misunderstanding. I was commenting on the fact that the smiley used here did not look very happy. It was all in fun. I was going to put a " :lol: " after it, but, I didn't. It wasn't meant to offend anyone. Also, I was in no way trying to offend anyone. Sorry if it came across that way.

:cry:

Two posts deleted.

~Isaiah

regandon
Coin Expert

#17 Unread post by regandon »

Isaiah wrote:Great. Now Regandon's upset with me about a misunderstanding. I was commenting on the fact that the smiley used here did not look very happy. It was all in fun. I was going to put a " :lol: " after it, but, I didn't. It wasn't meant to offend anyone. Also, I was in no way trying to offend anyone. Sorry if it came across that way.

:cry:

Two posts deleted.

~Isaiah
I've not stated in open forum I was upset with you. Lets move on.
ANA member# R-3128774
WINS member# 774

Templar Knights Motto
NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED TUD
NOMINI GLORIAM

Isaiah

#18 Unread post by Isaiah »

That's fine, Regandon. I just want you to know that I would never intentionally offend you. Thanks.

~Isaiah