Locations?

If you metal detect or just hunt for hidden treasures then post your stories and find here. Everyone enjoys a good lost treasure story or news find and they're welcome here as well.

Moderator: Daniel

Message
Author
CurtisNotCurtis
Coining Around
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:41 am

Locations?

#1 Unread post by CurtisNotCurtis » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:45 pm

Hello everyone, I live in mountain shadows Colorado Springs, CO, and haven’t had much luck in Ute Valley or any other nearby parks. I was just wondering if anyone knew any spot that turned up good nectar in Colorado Springs or perhaps cripple creek and victor?

-thank you, Curtis



User avatar
Daniel
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 11750
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: Locations?

#2 Unread post by Daniel » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:41 am

No, sorry, don't know that area very well. You might go to your local library and look at the oldest maps you can find for some spots.

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter
Posts: 1390
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Locations?

#3 Unread post by PetesPockets55 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:22 am

CurtisNotCurtis wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:45 pm
Hello everyone, I live in mountain shadows Colorado Springs, CO, and haven’t had much luck in Ute Valley or any other nearby parks. I was just wondering if anyone knew any spot that turned up good nectar in Colorado Springs or perhaps cripple creek and victor?

-thank you, Curtis
Interesting!
Do you have bee hives that need some spring honey?

CurtisNotCurtis
Coining Around
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:41 am

Re: Locations?

#4 Unread post by CurtisNotCurtis » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:59 am

Pete, I’m not sure what exactly you mean, but as I interpret it, yeah, haven’t really found anything good yet. Other than a less than good 2011 penny lol.

CurtisNotCurtis
Coining Around
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:41 am

Re: Locations?

#5 Unread post by CurtisNotCurtis » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:59 am

Pete, I’m not sure what exactly you mean, but as I interpret it, yeah, haven’t really found anything good yet. Other than a less than good 2011 penny lol.

CurtisNotCurtis
Coining Around
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:41 am

Re: Locations?

#6 Unread post by CurtisNotCurtis » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:00 am

And thank you Daniel, I’ll have to look at that. I’ll let you know if I’ve found anything.

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter
Posts: 1390
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Locations?

#7 Unread post by PetesPockets55 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:36 pm

CurtisNotCurtis wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:59 am
Pete, I’m not sure what exactly you mean, but as I interpret it, yeah, haven’t really found anything good yet. Other than a less than good 2011 penny lol.
lol: LOL. I just noticed that you posted this on the metal detecting forum.
You mentioned nectar and my mind went to bees, thinking you were multitasking on multiple sites and lost track of which one was which. :l

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter
Posts: 1390
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Locations?

#8 Unread post by PetesPockets55 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:47 pm

Daniel wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:41 am
No, sorry, don't know that area very well. You might go to your local library and look at the oldest maps you can find for some spots.
Are you looking for artifacts or silver/gold?
And I know people keep their eyes peeled for old maps and so forth at yard sales, flea markets, and estate sales. They look for simple maps with old properties. Sometimes in old fundraiser cook books there might be handmade drawings of members homes. Fire departments sometimes used hand drawn maps for the new guys to find their way around town. Old wagon or hiking trails might be productive.
Lots odd creative ways to do research on locations. Maybe even a search on Ebay might turn up something worth while.
Good luck this year.

Edit: I just did a Google search for Cripple creek Trails. Hope this LINK works.
I have no idea if MD is allowed.

User avatar
Daniel
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 11750
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: Locations?

#9 Unread post by Daniel » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:45 pm

PetesPockets55 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:36 pm
CurtisNotCurtis wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:59 am
Pete, I’m not sure what exactly you mean, but as I interpret it, yeah, haven’t really found anything good yet. Other than a less than good 2011 penny lol.
lol: LOL. I just noticed that you posted this on the metal detecting forum.
You mentioned nectar and my mind went to bees, thinking you were multitasking on multiple sites and lost track of which one was which. :l
:l That is funny, wondered what you meant with the honey reference.

CurtisNotCurtis
Coining Around
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:41 am

Re: Locations?

#10 Unread post by CurtisNotCurtis » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:19 pm

PetesPockets55 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:47 pm
Daniel wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:41 am
No, sorry, don't know that area very well. You might go to your local library and look at the oldest maps you can find for some spots.
Are you looking for artifacts or silver/gold?
And I know people keep their eyes peeled for old maps and so forth at yard sales, flea markets, and estate sales. They look for simple maps with old properties. Sometimes in old fundraiser cook books there might be handmade drawings of members homes. Fire departments sometimes used hand drawn maps for the new guys to find their way around town. Old wagon or hiking trails might be productive.
Lots odd creative ways to do research on locations. Maybe even a search on Ebay might turn up something worth while.
Good luck this year.

Edit: I just did a Google search for Cripple creek Trails. Hope this LINK works.
I have no idea if MD is allowed.

Thank you very much! I will put this information to good use for sure! Have a nice day guys.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests