nickel in a payday cany bar !

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
hparker619
Coin Wizz

nickel in a payday cany bar !

#1 Unread post by hparker619 »

any of you remember when payday put a nickel in a candy bar ??????

i have one .......

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1988 ... tor-nickel

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: nickel in a payday cany bar !

#2 Unread post by Daniel »

hparker619 wrote:any of you remember when payday put a nickel in a candy bar ??????

i have one .......

Interesting. Too bad the nickels don't have something special to make them apart from the regualr issue, at least they should be in a special wrapper. I guess we'll see graded and authenticated Pay Day nickels much like the Cheerio Dollars and Cents.

hparker619
Coin Wizz

#3 Unread post by hparker619 »

i have one do you think i need to send it in and see if they can grade it ?
Daniel wrote:
hparker619 wrote:any of you remember when payday put a nickel in a candy bar ??????

i have one .......

Interesting. Too bad the nickels don't have something special to make them apart from the regualr issue, at least they should be in a special wrapper. I guess we'll see graded and authenticated Pay Day nickels much like the Cheerio Dollars and Cents.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Daniel »

Is it in a wrapper that states where it came from?

Maineman750
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#5 Unread post by Maineman750 »

No, but I remember buying peanuts in a little round cardboard container that had a penny,nickel, or dime in the bottom.
Roger

hparker619
Coin Wizz

Re: nickel in a payday candy bar !

#6 Unread post by hparker619 »

no i dont have anything that tells what it is , i was thinking i could tell them i thought it was a payday nickel and hope the knew more about them then i did ....... maybe a long shot

Daniel wrote:Is it in a wrapper that states where it came from?

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by Daniel »

PCGS wouldn't do that, you can't even send in a 2006 Anniversary SAE set and get them graded 20th Anniversary, except the Reverse Proof. It's the only year for a Reverse Proof, so they don't have a porblem with that.

hparker619
Coin Wizz

#8 Unread post by hparker619 »

i didnt know if i could or not thanks for the heads up i might let larry look at it from segs when i see him soon , he might know something about it

Daniel wrote:PCGS wouldn't do that, you can't even send in a 2006 Anniversary SAE set and get them graded 20th Anniversary, except the Reverse Proof. It's the only year for a Reverse Proof, so they don't have a porblem with that.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by Daniel »

I met Larry at a coin show this year, and spoke with a him a little. I guess you could give it a try, but he would have to take your word for it.

hparker619
Coin Wizz

#10 Unread post by hparker619 »

i'll not mess with it until i can find a payday with the coin still in it !
Daniel wrote:I met Larry at a coin show this year, and spoke with a him a little. I guess you could give it a try, but he would have to take your word for it.

dipper13
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#11 Unread post by dipper13 »

When I was a kid cracker jacks sometimes had a coin as a prize. I think that the payday with a nickel in it sounds like a lawsuit in motion.

JamesBayham
Coining Around

#12 Unread post by JamesBayham »

I have some of them in the freezer never been opened with the nickle still in them. I wonder what they are worth?

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#13 Unread post by PetesPockets55 »

JamesBayham wrote:I have some of them in the freezer never been opened with the nickle still in them. I wonder what they are worth?
I couldn't find anything on value, even with an Ebay search for "sold items". But you could put them up on the selling portion of this site and see what they bring! Off hand I'm going to guess $5-$8. Especially if they candy is still good!! widegrin