New to the coin world. Looked like a nice hobby.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
chuckmarks50
Coinasieur

New to the coin world. Looked like a nice hobby.

#1 Unread post by chuckmarks50 »

I am new to the coin world. Looked like a nice hobby. Is Ebay a good place to buy coins? Is there any seller you know of to stay away from? I all ready had a run in with NGP, that is how I found this forum.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New to the coin world. Looked like a nice hobby.

#2 Unread post by Daniel »

Welcome to the forum. Coin collecting is a lot of fun and hope to discuss or answer any questions you might have. My website is dedicated to beginners - novices and targets ebay coin buying. If you like graded coins, stick with the top tier grading services. If you like coin collections then I suggest bidding on auction where you see the exact coin you will receive, not these lottery draws where they say "the best unsearched coin lot on ebay" or "guaranteed to receive at least these" etc, etc.

You will notice sellers like this have several negs in the last month or more, and only retain a high rating because of the amount they sell. I suggest sellers who don't have more than 1 or 2 negs in a year to be the best bet. I have one on ebay, and I did everything I was supposed to do, and paypal thought the same, but the buyer was unhappy about the decision.

Anyway, I have coins to sell, and if your looking for something special just let me know. In the mean time, here is an article I wrote on buying coin lots and rolls on ebay http://coinauctionshelp.com/page17.html it has a list of recommended sellers at the page bottom.

Also you can post an auction link on this forum and we can recommend or not recommend. We would be glad to help!

Isaiah

#3 Unread post by Isaiah »

Not much more I can add. TPGSadmin is bang on, as usual. Welcome to the forum!

~Isaiah

regandon
Coin Expert

#4 Unread post by regandon »

Welcome to the forum. Look through the site and always ask question you may have. As a beginner, your first step is to study up on what series of coins you find interesting. Take your time and learn as much as you can before spending your money. Every collector has their favorite TPG'er to go with. I myself, like PCGS, NGC, ANACS and ICG.
ANA member# R-3128774
WINS member# 774

Templar Knights Motto
NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED TUD
NOMINI GLORIAM

Isaiah

#5 Unread post by Isaiah »

regandon wrote:Welcome to the forum. Look through the site and always ask question you may have. As a beginner, your first step is to study up on what series of coins you find interesting. Take your time and learn as much as you can before spending your money. Every collector has their favorite TPG'er to go with. I myself, like PCGS, NGC, ANACS and ICG.
Absolutely correct.

~Isaiah