It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

See Whats New

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:15 pm 
Administrator

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
ImageImage
This coin is cleaned and would not obtain a mint state 63 from any reputable grading service. You can see wear on all high points of the design, and then some. The "fuzzy" appearance is from all the tiny cleaning lines all over it's surface, giving the coin an apprearace of luster.

This coin is also cleaned and has a great amount of wear, you can tell by the flat and rounded surfaces, and you can see the lines where it has been cleaned. The coin wouldn't even grade AU let alone mint state 65.

ImageImage
Another cleaned and circulated coin falsely graded as mint state.

ImageImage
This coin might make AU50, but again, it has been cleaned. Cleaning a coin by etching or scratching the surface or dipping lowers the value of the coin.

I advise anyone not to buy coins graded like this, put these people out of business, force them to be honest about their own coins. If no one bids on their coins then it might teach them that collectors have become educated graders, and that they must accept what everyone else get's for their cleaned coins.

Visit my Morgan Dollar grading page to look at pictures of actual MS65, non-cleaned Morgan Dollars look like Grade Morgans By Pictures

Post subject: ~
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:56 pm 
Thank you for posting all of these. I agree, they are a very poor company, and I believe that they clean their own coins, in an attempt to justify the over inflated grade. I'm surprised that the local dealer who they grab the coins in his junk bin from, hasn't gotten suspicious by now. I don't buy their junk, and I don't support them. Stick with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd tier companies, not self slabbers. I just wish I could do more.

~Isaiah

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:56 am 
Coining Around

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
I've been seeing a lot of these coins on eBay. I'm glad i didn't buy their garbage. Thanks for the info !!

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:50 am 
Administrator

dj_john69 wrote:
I've been seeing a lot of these coins on eBay. I'm glad i didn't buy their garbage. Thanks for the info !!

Your welcome. Thanks for commenting.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:07 pm 
Coining Around

Just an added note that this guy/company (whichever) also is selling coins
on eBay with slabs that display the "CNG" initials as well. I haven't seen
any coins on eBay lately from INB.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:14 pm 
sdollarfan wrote:
Just an added note that this guy/company (whichever) also is selling coins
on eBay with slabs that display the "CNG" initials as well. I haven't seen
any coins on eBay lately from INB.

welcome to the forum, and thanks for the information.

~Isaiah

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:19 pm 
Administrator

Good information, but now we have to check out this new TPG. Have a link?

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:09 pm 
Administrator

ttt for new members

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:44 pm 
Coining Around

This so called grading company does not merely over inflate the grades they commit in my opinion outright fraud, knowingly passing off coins that are sometime 50 points below their real grade. It is obvious they are doing this to trap unsuspecting newcomers to the hobby. Its not that they don't belong in our hobby they belong in prison. I still see this fraud going on every day on e bay. Check out Sankerus or Hertels coins they are selling this garbage currently. I looked at a liberty quarter that was marked MS65 when in fact the coin was an XF details coin that had been harshly cleaned. no one slabbing coins could honestly make a mistake like that, and it was constant on every single slabbed coin from them. It is fraud pure and simple, now proving that in a court of law would be extremely difficult, but it is fraud none the less.
ANGS should be out of business as they are a cancer on the hobby.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:20 am 
Coining Around

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
So I just found this site, a little late I guess. I am also a victim of the ANGS grading service. I purchased one of their Morgan's, took one look at it and questioned its grading. You know the saying "if its too good to be true", once again, it is. I will definately pay closer attention in the future. Anyone want to buy a MS66 1886 Morgan, oh by the way its ANGS graded???? Not cleaned though. Have a great day.