Should You Submit Your Coins For Grading?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Should You Submit Your Coins For Grading?

#1 Unread post by Daniel »

When should you submit your coins to grading companies? It's a question asked by many coin collectors and roll searches. So I created a detailed video on this subject since it's not a simple answer.

Melodyinusa.ms
Coin Collector

Re: Should You Submit Your Coins For Grading?

#2 Unread post by Melodyinusa.ms »

Thank you Daniel. Very helpful informitve video on what to grade and not to grade. :)
On the coins that are not worth grading what or where do u suggest us to go to sell them as raw coins.
When local coin shops have not been paying what the coin is worth in Red Book, or as an error or variety in CherryPickers, but only offer what the coin is worth n reduced prices of their metal content?
I personally not comfortable with Ebay, because I don't know how it works, and how you know if the seller really has the coin you are buying or if buyer is legitimately will send payments?
I am abit confused on how liquidate coins.
Thank you for your time and very helpful supportive community

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Daniel »

Always search coinhepu videos with your question at Youtube. I have a video for about everything

Melodyinusa.ms
Coin Collector

#4 Unread post by Melodyinusa.ms »

Awesome video Daniel !!
TY so much4clearing up my dilemma on who not2sell2. Wish I had seen it b4 I walked out of them dealers shops feeling very dissatisfied&ripped off and a bother2them.
Knowing they were laughing @me all the way2their bank. LoL
Let alot of old silver quarters go4pennys b4 I even really knew what I had &b4 I took the time2research them.
Now since I have spent a year researching grandpa's collection I'm kicking myself in the backside4not being very smart @this. TY so much4this forum. It's being very enlightening
Keep up ur great work :)

Earle42
Coin Wizz

#5 Unread post by Earle42 »

Daniel has done an amazing job bringing an honest and comprehensive bank of knowledge to the hobby. Take advantage of them. We all wish we had had something similar when starting out :)
Please let me know if you find errors in my contributions to this forum. I am always learning.
:patriot:
How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

bakerbev
Coining Around

#6 Unread post by bakerbev »

I agree and appreciate the time Daniel puts in to all that he does .

bignub
Coining Around

#7 Unread post by bignub »

I just submitted a coin for reconsideration. It is in a 30 year old holder from PCGS, and everyone that I showed the coin too thought it deserved a 68, rather than a 66 that was on the holder. My question is when submitting for reconsideration, what is the maximum extra points they'll give? Is a 67 the best my coin can do regardless if it is a 68?

Stayflo24
Coining Around

#8 Unread post by Stayflo24 »

Hello, I got into coin collecting in 2017 and I am still learning so any help i can get would be wonderful for me. I have asked a coin dealer i always see when i have any questions and he is seasoned with store and all. I had brought in a 1978 d penny that i found and was very odd to me but had to move due to a house fire. Had it for awhile.It appears to have a D over D but one D is upside down. The dealer searched web, books etc and tells me to get it graded because he has never seen this error and cant find any info on it, neither can i. I am told by another i may have a new discovery. I am disabled and don't have he money right now. I am very curious, and don't know what else to do.
Attachments
picture_2020_9_30_2_30_12_960.jpg
picture_2020_9_30_2_30_24_426.jpg
picture_2020_9_30_2_32_14_763.jpg

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

#9 Unread post by Paul »

Welcome,
Your so-called "Seasoned Store Owning Dealer" does not have the knowledge base to accurately attribute die varieties, sorry

I would call this this is "Environmental Damage" ....... this is not any type of Mintmark Variety
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

bakerbev
Coining Around

1888 Indian head penny that is missing the letter E in one

#10 Unread post by bakerbev »

20191119_152348.jpg
I have a 1888 Indian head penny that is missing the letter E in the word one .it has on cent also my be 8 over 8 in the last eight i ]really don't know . Is this the same as the video on the numbers on the Lincoln cent ?